Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the research phase of my media room project...

Definitely thinking about IB subs since I like the idea quite a bit. But have some questions:

1. I assume ideal placements are the same as for any other sub? Four corners, four center walls, or two centered on the sides? Obviously subject to more room analysis.

2. How much should I care about vertical placement - if I do a four corner build, should they be mounted midway up the wall to avoid any vertical modes?

3. How does this change if the roof is peaked (doing this in a top floor room)?

4. What is the best budget choice for IB subs right now? I see a lot of Fi IB318s, which is fine, but anything a better deal for bass output? Daytons?

Plan is to do manifolds with opposed 2x subwoofers to minimize vibration. Ideally in each corner, but maybe just on two walls.

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
Every room is different, so it’s not easy to answer your first three questions. Your best bet would be to determine what the in-room frequency response of the IB would be using the location you want to put the output, using a measurement platform like our own REW. The best way is to do it is to put the sub at your listening position, (i.e actually on the seat) and put the measurement mic at the location where the IB output would be. You’re mainly looking for a graph that doesn’t show any narrow troughs (nulls).

Regards,
Wayne

1 - 2 of 2 Posts