Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a new email specifically for the new IB series subwoofers from Fi. Any questions regarding the new 18" and 15" can be directed to [email protected]. Hopefully this will eliminate some of the back up of IB emails being caught in the flood of regular car audio emails.

The new IB 18 features a 3" coil and a triple stacked motor specific for the IB application (smaller than the older Q series modified IB drivers and a little more purpose built overall).
Specs are:

Re 1.5 Ohms (single 2 Ohm coil)
Le .87mH
Fs 22.9 hz
Qms 3.25
Qes .79
Qts .63
Vas 381 l
Mms 258 g
Sd 1210 cm^2
Spl 89.4 1W/1m

Xmax is 30mm and suspension and motor limit right about at the same time.
At about 500-600 W it hits its linear limits at 20Hz. Power needs will vary accordingly.

These subs are $209 each shipped in the lower 48 States and for orders of 4 or more they are $199.

The smaller 15" IB sub features a 2" voice coil and a purpose built triple stack motor. It is rather efficient for an IB driver and has a very low inductance.
Specs are:
Re 1.6 Ohms (single 2 Ohm coil)
Fs 24.4 Hz
Le .72 mH
Qms 4.00
Qts .77
Qes .64
Vas 269.5 l
Mms 145.4 g
Sd 810 cm^2
Spl 90.0 1W/1m

Xmax is 22mm and is suspension limited (Xmag is 24mm)
Subs are linear limited at about 250W at 20Hz.

These subs are $129 each shipped in the lower 48 States and for orders of 4 or more they are $119.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Both the 15" and 18" subs are currently available. We do have limited production on both drivers right now and are awaiting the balance of coils to get a stock of 100 of each built up. First 30 of the 18" will go fast... there will be no back order for them as well will have plenty of stock built up soon.

For ordering info please send an email to [email protected]

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
69 Posts
Scott, just emailed my order for 4 of these to the above email address. Please have a look and call me/email me if there are any problems. Going to give you a shout later! Can't wait to get four of these running with my plx 3602!!!!!!!!!!!! My house is going to hate me, ha

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, 16.75 is the cut diamter for the hole. You can use the same diamter for front mounting them to the baffle, but I usually put a 1/4" radius on the inner edge just to make sure that it always clears the surrounds.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congradulations,:jump: I am making plans to have a friend to order the same on my behalf since i live outside the USA.What was your shipping weight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi funky_waves,

I got mine today. Here are the pictures

Congradulations:jump:I am making plans to have a friend order the same on my behalf since I live outside the USA.What was your total shipping weight,did they ship all four in one box or separate?

Thnx in advnce.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Nick
Thanks for your reply that will help me calculate my shipping costs,Scot also confirmed that they can ship international but now am waiting for him to give me a go ahead on the order.
I cant wait to be the fisrt on these forum to install an IB in Africa he!he!:bigsmile:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts