Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. It has been a while. I am seeking advice for an amp for a single TC Sounds 15 inch. Ported and tuned to about 15hz. What is the best current deal (price vs. performance)? I have been looking at the the inuke 3000 which seems popular and also the new single channel dsp plate amp from Dayton (although that seems a bit pricier than I would care to spend). I have also read some mixed reviews and problems with the 2 channel version but not sure if the same holds true for the single channel. What other ones am I overlooking?

Obviously there are a few things to overcome. I don't think the 3000 has an automatic on so I would need some auto sensing power supply. I don't think the fan would be a problem. I read in places that there is a fix for going lower than 20 hz how do you do that? Are there any on or off power thumps associated with this amp?

If not one of these amps what else should be looked at?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
I would recommend the nu3000dsp. The HPF only goes down to 20 Hz though, so you'd need to set it to OFF and implement the HPF some other way if you are bottoming out the sub ever. I don't know if that can be modified. 15 Hz might be a low enough tune to avoid it..?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No other suggestions for around a 1000 watt amp for sub duty? Are there so few current options?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts