Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was just looking to see if anyone had ideas about endtable boxes and how easy are they to build and or under sofa sub builds.......i would like ideas and some help...please and thank you

G

·
0 Posts
Just google furniture subwoofer for ideals. I don't have it bookmarked, but I once found a whole bunch of pictures of subwoofers hidden in in-tables, and other pieces. Also, the partsexpress showcase has a flat sub project that can fit under a sofa. Personally, I think its overpriced, but if you need flat, it will work.

·
Registered
252 Posts
was just looking to see if anyone had ideas about endtable boxes and how easy are they to build and or under sofa sub builds.......i would like ideas and some help...please and thank you
Here are a couple of my favorites from the database:

http://www.hometheatershack.com/for...cts/23557-slot-port-tempest-x2-end-table.html

http://www.hometheatershack.com/for...w-pics-dual-re-se-12-end-table-sub-build.html

Here is a design I drew and was considering:

http://www.hometheatershack.com/for...ketchup-models-diy-projects-2.html#post269921

Alternatively, you can just use a simple black box subwoofer as an endtable if the size is correct:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
was just looking to see if anyone had ideas about endtable boxes and how easy are they to build
The question is, what are your capabilities? A box is a box, so whatever shape you need to build is up to you. Break out a pencil and paper and tape measure and come up with a shape that works...That's the Y in DIY:T

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i do like the hidden idea.....and i also listen to alot live music...so what would be best?? closed or ported box? and i do like haveing a 10inch sub bc they seem to hit a little harder and sound a little cleaner....thats just me

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm getting ready to rebuild my Dayton RSS390HF into an end table sub actually. Mainly just because I like the idea of it being dual purpose, rather than an extra box sitting there. If you build one right you can rest assured that you wont have to worry about shaking things off of it when watching a movie with alot of low end. :hsd: I might be wrong, but it seems to me that adding length to the legs (to get it at an end table height) would also help to decouple it from the floor also. I will be sure to post the build on this site when I get started.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Here are a couple of my favorites from the database:
Also wanted to give you a quick thank you for this post! The Exodus build just re-inspired me to go with my original idea of a black sub with a walnut stained wood trim. I ditched the idea thinking it might look dumb until I saw how sharp that one was! :D

·
Registered
165 Posts
Build the couch itself around the sub. Get as many subs as there are seats using.... 12 or 15" subwoofers. They will of course be downfiring and they will be ported out the rear using slotted ports or out the side depending on how your placement is setup. Then get a heavy (or solid wood) skirt to try to keep the sub and port air seperate.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
There are so many furniture sub ideas you should just come up with a piece of furniture you need to have and incorporate a sub in it.

Cant remember his name but one of the members made a kick end table with I think dual 12's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Google: "Thunder Table"

I am currently contemplating something like this with a 15" Titanic I have sitting in my basement. The wife wants the Decware WO out of the living room! :crying:

·
Registered
298 Posts
when i first moved into this house i built a sub under the floor of my family room and fired it up into the space.

I had and unfinished basement right below me so it was easy enough to put it between 2 studs. I then just cut a 2x2 square out of my floor under the carpet and replaced it with a piece that i had perfed. and then laid the carpet back over it.

Can't get much more stealth than that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts