Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the qualification requirements to enter the GIK Acoustics $600 Shopping Spree Giveaway is to post in this thread and tell us what (and why) you are considering for your shopping list if you win the shopping spree.

Cruise around the GIK Acoustics online store and see what you think you may be interested in purchasing and why. Tell us here in this thread.

Note: You are not committed to purchasing what you post in this thread, it can be changed and your decision is not final until you place the order.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
I have contemplated adding some art panels several times in the last year. One of the walls in my living room theater is bare and would benefit greatly with a few of the panels. Some very cool looking designs that would pass the WAF test.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looks like the T40 Scopus tuned base traps are exactly what I need. Currently have a 1000sq foot room, well treated using 24 inch superchunks in the corners and 20 2ftx 4ft x 4 inch and 6 2ft x 4ft x2inch panels(all DIY) that have made a tremendous improvement in what was a very "BRIGHT" room.

Still have some issues though at the 30,40 and 50 hz range that these T40's would tighten up.
After that I will be looking to swap out some of the absorbing panels for diffusers

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I would like to hang Bass Trap on the ceiling..

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'd get bass traps all around, first reflection absorbtion and , if there's anything left, absorbtion for behind the speakers and oppisote the speakers. your basisc sound improvement set-up.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I would probably buy some OC 703 panels to build my own soffit traps and first reflection absorbers. I would also consider some diffusion if GIK would recommend it for my situation. This is not currently in the room treatment budget, but if I were to win this I could probably do it and put that last finishing touch on the room. It would be great!

·
Registered
6 Posts
My room is currently an unpainted canvas!

I need effective bass trapping and wall absorption/diffusion, but my 'studio' is also a living space and there is a very fine line between global audiophonic excellence and being married :), so I would ask GIK to help design the most effective solution while still keeping my relationship intact!

I have tacit approval to hang a long bass trap across the wall ceiling joint above my desk, and to place absorption and diffusion panels on the walls around the desk as long as they look vaguely ok.

I have also measured my space using REW (great program!) and I know I have a nasty null at about 70Hz as well as a peak at about 30-40Hz. I can only fit a pair of near fields in the room so the peak is actually a very useful boost to the bass response, but the null needs to go! I see this as a perfect use for GIK's tuned traps that can help me minimise the effects of the null while retaining some of the peak.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I purchased 4 panels last year to tame some bass. It would be great to get stands for the panels. I would also like a ceiling trap and a few more bass traps.

·
Registered
876 Posts
........ If i win the Shopping Spree... I will owe a big Thank you to GIK, Sonnie, and all of Home Theater Shack. Good luck to all!

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'm definitely interested in this give away. I'm currently building acoustic panels in my HT room. I would love to start treating the ceiling area. GIK gave me some really good advice years ago when I started getting serious. They've been a great company to consult and learn from.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If I won I would be the happiest man in this forum for starters.

I would spend the money and probably add to it to replace all my home made panels with ones where I know the absoption characteristics better and ones that would trap bass much better.

I have some bad nulls, especially on my front right speaker and could really do with some panels to help with this also - fingers crossed :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
I am trying to turn my bonus room into a HT room so I am in need of room treatments :).

If I win the spree I will get some acoustic panels to handle first reflections. I also need to do something about a couple nasty peaks and valleys in the sub region. Maybe the tuned bass traps?

·
Registered
503 Posts
First thing I would do is read up on what I need to get the most out of my theater. Like most money is tight and this is where I am skimping at the moment.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If I win I'll let my wife do the shopping. That way I'll kill to birds with one stone. I'll get acoustic treatments for my living/audio room and she'll get to shop and do some interior decorating. Everyone will be HAPPY!

·
Registered
683 Posts
If I won I would definitely get some of the Art panels; they look great and would easily pass the WAF test. I would then get recommendations from the fine folks here and at GIK for the remaining balance! :) This would get me going on a theater area downstairs which is currently a barren wasteland.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Talk about timing!

I am building an A/V room in a really small room 9x12'.

Going trough your online store just makes my mouth water.

Those room kits look very tempting.

·
Registered
178 Posts
If I win I would cry tears of joy! I have been working really hard on my system and the GIK bass traps would help me get to the next level. I have reached out to them and regardless of winning or losing I will have their bass traps! That being said I would really like to win!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.