Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What screen would you be using? And why?

I know what I'd be using but I'll wait for a few responses before making my desired screen known. Who knows? It may even be worth it. I've seen numerous diy and commercial products and there is a clear winner in my head.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
For me it's not really the screen because what I have works better than anything else I've used or tested it against. It would be the frame and 'accessories'.

Mine would have a built in remote controlled masking system for both top/bottom and left/right. Also the frame would include high quality speakers for the center channel (across the bottom of course) and front left/right channels.

The 'ultimate' setup would be when the screen isn't in use, a nice tapestry rolls down and looks like a framed tapestry. Once I get my dedicated HT room though I'd just have the screen visible at all times.

Now if you are totally serious about the money being no object... I'd have the Panasonic 150" 4K resolution plasma HDTV! ;)

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And the masking system would be nice! ;) But which screen would you want to use of all the commercial screens? Da-Lite High Power? Vutec Silverstar? Stewart Firehawk? Sony Dynaclear? dnp Supernova? Something I haven't mentioned? Skip the diy stuff for a moment Bill. :bigsmile:

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I was going by comparisons of everything I have and have tried... like I said, for me what I have right now works the best for me and my setup.

Okay... to answer your question, for a complete dedicated HT room I'd have an SMX AT screen and masking system with the speakers behind the screen and the room setup just like a theater.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts