·
Registered
93 Posts
Here you are:

http://www.esska-tech.co.uk/esska_eng_s/

enter "70-5030GP000" in the search box.

Glass beeds for everyone :)

//EDIT//
I have pleeded for a 500gr free sample of their finest beeds fram a manufacturer in Sweden. If I get it, I will mix it whit matt clear top coating and paint it on top of the potential N9.

//EDIT2//
I know I dont have a life :)
But check this out
http://www.adventure-caching.de/geocaching-shop/product_info.php/language/en/info/p156_Reflex-Lack--retroflektierend--14-ml.html/XTCsid/ecfe513a353605d8673add019142b3aa

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
the smallest bead size i can see on the site is 65 microns which is probably larger than what we need.

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
Yep; nice try, but no cigar.
Does that phrase have any meaning outside of the U.S.? If not, I'll explain later. :bigsmile:

Those beads would be too large (we are looking for beads smaller than 50 micron). I'm not sure, but I think those beads were also white in color and not clear.

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
3M makes a lot of stuff we would love to try, the problem is finding a source for it and the cost. Unless you buy stuff by the train-car load 3M isn't interested in selling to you directly.
Not even to someone in their own back yard... :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well, guys, I asked 3M in Sweden politely that I am a entuthiast that would like to test a theory. Where can I buy your diamond grade retroreflective sheeting?

Directly I got a number to a company selling traffic signs, and he had no problems of letting me buy material from him. I admit I had to pretend I was representing a one man company that "had an idea". The diamond grade sheeting I could get for $50/m (1,20m wide) if I wanted.

Im sure that if I asked him for a can of the paint, he would not say no. The trick is not to try to buy from the monster (3M) directly, but rather via aone of their large customers.

Honestly, I spend 4-5 hours just reading their product data sheets. Man, do they know optics or not :gulp:

Have you seen their rear projection screen? I am drewling...

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
Anyone look here?

I haven't really looked at this, Tryg mentioned it.

http://www.amesresearch.com/reflect.htm
Yep muzz we've seen Ames before. Not what we were looking for. We've probably got different motives than tryg.

We've found a few places so far. What we really need is more hours in the day. :yes:

Too many irons in the fire right now.

Did ya see all the gain readings? I'm gonna put it all in a new thread here soon. I've triple confirmed my readings last night using a 100 and a 70 ire field. :T

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
There were no motives behind it, someone asked for some reflective paint after scrubbing a blotch in a Da-Lite HP screen, and he said that he didn't know, but that maybe try this"".

I haven't seen the new gain readings, looking forward to them.
I will say that I have a DL HP on the way.
Each of my bulbs have > 3k on them, and I am not buying another bulb, but I will be buying a new PJ sooner or later.
The HP will give me another option as far as which PJ I get, I'll have the BW and the HP....I think I'll have it covered!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
the smallest bead size i can see on the site is 65 microns which is probably larger than what we need.
Smaller beeds than 50 microns? What are you looking for? Glass powder?

50 microns is veeeryy small beed imo. Thats 50 one-million parts of a meter. How large are the beeds you test here in this thread?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
the 400 mesh used for sieving of the clear beads would mean they would not be larger than 38 microns.

but mech compared them to his dalite HP sample which reportedly uses 9 micron beads and they looked similar in size under the scope:dontknow:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
finding a source for the glass beads has been an issue.

a company sent me a sample of the glass beads today which are in the sub 50 micron range.
this material looks like something you would find in an hourglass timer and feels like flour.

i took a photo at an angle with flash on to check whether they retroreflect.
and they do...

21 - 40 of 50 Posts