Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
It's only 78.7" on the long side. Without doing the math I think that's less than 100" diagonal. I'll try and look up the formula to be sure. Can the do longer custom lengths?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I don't know about as a screen, but as a black out curtain, they are great. I use one to cover the double french doors that lead into my den home theater.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's only 78.7" on the long side. Without doing the math I think that's less than 100" diagonal. I'll try and look up the formula to be sure. Can the do longer custom lengths?
I doubt they can do custom lengths, but there are a few smaller sizes.

Anyway, thought it might be good for any DIY shacksters who don't already have white walls.

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
I don't know of any on this forum that have tried that specific roller blind as a screen, but an English forum has a thread on them going back about 6 years. It's hard to judge the shade of gray of that blind just from their photo, but it looks to be quite dark. It would probably do well if you had enough lumens out of your PJ.

The largest size blind on the site given is 200cm x 195cm. For reference, according to the projectorcentral calc, 200cm x 85cm = 86" diag. 2.35:1 AR, 200 x 113 = 90" diag. 16:9 AR and 200cm x 150cm = 98" diag. 4:3 AR.

There have been some problems with edge curling so you may not want to use the full width of the blind as a screen.

I found this interesting site for motorizing blinds and shades. Make your own retractable!
http://rollertrol.com/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts