Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm glad for you Ilkka, although I'm sad to see you go. You deserve it, all your hard work is paying off. It has been a great pleasure viewing your work along with it being so informative. Knowing you has been a treat, aside from that, a real asset! I can only hope your attitude of giving over the years is directed back your way. Thinking back, we also had some fun:rofl: Congrats my friend..

br Steve

·
Elite Shackster
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hi Ilkka

Do a number of Genelec speakers use PHL drivers; is it possible to make any sort of general (unbiased) statement about the quality of PHL drivers, vs their competitors JBL/ B&C/ etc ? (PM if you prefer)

Thank you
Hi,

You are being correct, we use PHL woofers in our larger main monitors. Though I can't really answer to your second question, other than by saying that the PHL woofers are extremely high quality, though expensive. There's certainly a reason why we are using them. :)

·
Elite Shackster
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'm glad for you Ilkka, although I'm sad to see you go. You deserve it, all your hard work is paying off. It has been a great pleasure viewing your work along with it being so informative. Knowing you has been a treat, aside from that, a real asset! I can only hope your attitude of giving over the years is directed back your way. Thinking back, we also had some fun:rofl: Congrats my friend..

br Steve
Hi Steve!

So nice that you dropped by. :) And thank you, my friend! It has certainly been a treat to get to know you too, but please don't sound like this is the end (of anything), because it isn't. Well of course things are going to change a bit, but in general I'm not going anywhere. :neener:

I will reply to that PM of yours in a minute.

And you are spot on about that fun part. Oh the days... :rofl2:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Well of course things are going to change a bit, but in general I'm not going anywhere.
Oh, somehow I sort of figured you were out of here under some sort of time frame. I'll let you fill me in then. I am glad things are changing, but not so much of a change that your going to be gone.

J

·
0 Posts
A belated congratulations from a long time lurker on these forums. Along with ATC, Genelec is one of the speaker manufacturers that I respect the most. Basically, any speaker manufacturer that recommends soffit mounting large full range speakers into a wall has physics on their side. Those that ignore this simple acoustical fact are simply controlled more by their marketing departments than their R&D engineers.

Your announcement means I can continue to expect excellent products from Genelec. Good Luck!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Not meaning to be rude Ilkka but when will we see more tests? Im really interested to see tests on the Mach 5 IXl 18? I understand first attemp didnt work out but any news on the recone or prehaps a new speaker? Regardless as i have all ready said i wish you all the best for the future and hopefully everything works out well at Genelec... Were all waiting for the first heads up on new genelec products :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Not meaning to be rude Ilkka but when will we see more tests? Im really interested to see tests on the Mach 5 IXl 18? I understand first attemp didnt work out but any news on the recone or prehaps a new speaker? Regardless as i have all ready said i wish you all the best for the future and hopefully everything works out well at Genelec... Were all waiting for the first heads up on new genelec products :)
X2

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.