Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

I'm a newbee here myself

Tags
newbee
1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  nova 
#1 ·
Hi all. Not sure what to say other than I'm trying to get into this thing called home theater. My 1st was boughten used for $40 at a pawn shop. Boy, that machine was good and loud. It broke down pretty quickly afterwards; the volume distorted the picture. So, I bought a cheap Duraband to try to replace it. Soon found that if you don't pay out the ears for one of these things it isn't worth buying. Got a $100 effort as a temporary piece, but it died in 6 months after I bought it. Now, I have an RCA reciever that works pretty well for $160. I use the speakers I got with that 1st machine I bought, which are far better than those that came with either one. Thing is, the subwoofer that came with this new one claims to be 8 ohms but it doesn't put out as much power as that used one. Even with the used one's subwoofer it still isn't good enough. I thought about using both, hooking 'em both up, but heard that that's not such a grand idea.

Well, it'll probably be a while till my next post seeing that I don't get much time on the internet these days. But I hope I'll be welcome here. And since I'm a novice, I'm pretty ignorant to all of these terms I've read here on these boards. Hopefully you guys'll be patient.

See ya later
Moviefanatic

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.