Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

I'm a newbee here myself

Tags
newbee
1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  nova 
#1 ·
Hi all. Not sure what to say other than I'm trying to get into this thing called home theater. My 1st was boughten used for $40 at a pawn shop. Boy, that machine was good and loud. It broke down pretty quickly afterwards; the volume distorted the picture. So, I bought a cheap Duraband to try to replace it. Soon found that if you don't pay out the ears for one of these things it isn't worth buying. Got a $100 effort as a temporary piece, but it died in 6 months after I bought it. Now, I have an RCA reciever that works pretty well for $160. I use the speakers I got with that 1st machine I bought, which are far better than those that came with either one. Thing is, the subwoofer that came with this new one claims to be 8 ohms but it doesn't put out as much power as that used one. Even with the used one's subwoofer it still isn't good enough. I thought about using both, hooking 'em both up, but heard that that's not such a grand idea.

Well, it'll probably be a while till my next post seeing that I don't get much time on the internet these days. But I hope I'll be welcome here. And since I'm a novice, I'm pretty ignorant to all of these terms I've read here on these boards. Hopefully you guys'll be patient.

See ya later
Moviefanatic

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome,

I think you will find that this forum is a good place to pick up the information you need to become less of a n00b. My experience has been that you will get a quick informative response from forum members with a huge amount of expertise who are willing to share it and don't "talk down" to less informed members.

#5 ·
Glad to have you here. have fun. Dennis

#6 ·
Welcome aboard!

Enjoy your stay with us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.