Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a 52 year old enthusiast that lives in Seattle. I have been out of the HT loop for, oh, fifteen years or so.

People might get a kick out of my vintage set up. I was a pioneer of the absurd.

In 1986-88, I built an early home theater designed to mimic the sound quality of an IMAX or giant Cinerama theater, but with real bass and twice the SPL. It was not audiophile, but much closer to that than to a PA. The design goal was 120db-20hz-20khz. Every piece of it was designed and built by me.

Over the first fifteen years, I followed, but dispensed with, most if the technical trends in home theater design. I worked on the side designing other home theaters, but for a career I am in IT (not rich though...)

My system has run continuously for (good grief!) 28 years. Birth of children and death of some components left it semi-crippled for many years. I only recently began putting it back whole, which is akin to restoring a thirty year old car that has had hard service. My goal is to return it to what it was, and enhance some of the weak points, and redo some of the sloppy things I did when much younger, rushing to see if ideas would work.

An additional goal is to make it a pure computer system with no equipment rack.

I got on here to see where the state of the art has gotten to and share ideas. I have my own theories of how people experience audio, video, and other digital information.

-CM

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
Welcome to the SHACK, I am sure you have a wealth of knowledge to share with everyone too. :wave:

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Hello and welcome. :wave:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts