Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently being offered a JL 13W7 that has been refoamed. How much impact does it have in the speaker performance and parameters? I really wish to buy it, as it's being sold for 6/10th of the price. But will it be worth?
Thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
I would be hesitant. Do you know if it was re-foamed by JL service or by somebody else?

Can you just find a used 13w7 that's still original? I can attest to the quality, durability, and longevity of the W7s, my 8W7 is going on nine years of service and is still going strong as ever.

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
My friend just redid his. Got the kit from JL, no issues, works great. If the service life wasn't torturous I would think you'd be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would be hesitant. Do you know if it was re-foamed by JL service or by somebody else?

Can you just find a used 13w7 that's still original? I can attest to the quality, durability, and longevity of the W7s, my 8W7 is going on nine years of service and is still going strong as ever.
My friend just redid his. Got the kit from JL, no issues, works great. If the service life wasn't torturous I would think you'd be safe.

It was done by the owner, I can find others, but that one I can pick it up myself.

Is there a way to identify if a refoam were made? Picking another one used doesn't guarantee that it didn't happen =/

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Not that I know of. Unfortunately the secondary market is normally buyer beware. If you trust the seller just go for it. Or, if you need a higher sleep factor, save for a new one. You may have better recourse if you need to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts