Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,
I have not used my Dayton Mic, preamp, BFD, and REW in sometime. I plan to do some measurements after I made some small changes to my system recently. The issue is I am switching the PC I have REW on and forget what all files from previous calibrations need to be imported? I saved them and the USB sound card I use is the same one as always.

I noticed there was a regular sound card cal file and a loopback one? I already imported the Dayton mic cal file.

any help would be great, oh and Im running the latest REW v5

Thanks!

Edit -
Preamp - Xenyx 502 with PP
Mic - Dayton Ecm8000 or whatever it is.
Old USB Soundblaster hifi external Sound card

·
Banned
4,838 Posts
Hey guys,
I have not used my Dayton Mic, preamp, BFD, and REW in sometime. I plan to do some measurements after I made some small changes to my system recently. The issue is I am switching the PC I have REW on and forget what all files from previous calibrations need to be imported? I saved them and the USB sound card I use is the same one as always.

I noticed there was a regular sound card cal file and a loopback one? I already imported the Dayton mic cal file.

any help would be great, oh and Im running the latest REW v5

Thanks!

Edit -
Preamp - Xenyx 502 with PP
Mic - Dayton Ecm8000 or whatever it is.
Old USB Soundblaster hifi external Sound card
You need the mic calibration file, which you already have, and a calibration file for the sound card (there is NOT a separate calibration file for loopback). Obviously you will need to install the driver for your sound card, unless it is one that uses the generic driver built into Windows.

Are you using latest version 5 of REW, or the latest-latest version 5.13?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts