Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannt find nor no one will answer the question of the signal tab.

Whats the power and whats the series resistance? How does DVC apply to this? how does this apply when using two channels of an amp or reciever? And all that to DVC?

Win ISD loads at no power and .1 ohm at startup

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
Series resistance is for other "non-driver" resistances, i.e. cabling, connectors, amplifier output resistance, possible crossover coil resistances etc. 0.1 ohm is quite reasonable estimate for those. However, in some cases (crossover coils) it might be on the low side.

Power is for how much power is being applied to you model. Left click once in the box and use the up arrow key to increase the amount of power applied. Or highlight the "1.0" and type in any amount you want. Use this along with the cone excursion graph to see when maximun excursion is reached. Then switch to the SPL graph to see the result.

·
Registered
287 Posts
The power is the total power for the subwoofer. In your case, you enter 160w.
The DVC side of things is defined when you enter the driver parameters into the database.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When you enter the parameters for a DVC sub you enter "2" voice coils. Then input however much power the sub can handle, or as much power to cause maximum excursion to be reached.
See now SteveCallas was telling me to imput 1 for voice coils?

Where do i put the max power rating at?

Oh, it also says under 2 coils.....series or parallel....im using two channels of one amp, one on each coil, so i imput parallel?

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
It is. I thought that's what you meant by "Where do i put the max power rating at". If you meant where to enter it into the parameters, then it goes in the Pe: box. Are we on the same page now? :bigsmile:

Oh, it also says under 2 coils.....series or parallel....im using two channels of one amp, one on each coil, so i imput parallel?
Yes, 2 coils, parallel. That would be an 8 ohm load. Input 160 watts in the signal tab.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sorry I don't have anything to add directly relating to this post, other than the title caught my eye with the misspelling of the word "imput". I knew an audiophile guy years ago, he was into music and speakers and vinyl just a bit more than the average person, and this one day he comes into work showing off this tube amp he had just spent several thousand dollars being refurbished. All the caps replaced, new tubes, and a new shiny polished case. He was so proud of this thing. It put out some 10W class A, I can't remember, but as I'm looking at this thing, I notice underneath each gold plate RCA jack is a word that has been nicely etched below it that says IMPUT. I asked him, hey what's this imput deal all about? He's like, that's where the input is. I said yes I understand that's where the inputs go, but what is an iMput?? He looked at me with a blank face. I finally just had to tell him, dude, you spelled input wrong. He about died, he was so mad at himself. All this work, all this time, and money, his super-sweet tube amp, labeled IMPUT for life. Anyway, I haven't thought about that in ages, but seeing the title for this post just made me think of it. Thought some of you guys might be able to appreciate the story.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts