Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing in-ceiling speakers throughout my new home remodel - including bedrooms, dining area, formal lounge. In my living room I have a separate home theater set up with traditional 5.1 system. My question on which I need advice is what in- ceiling speakers to go for. I have been recommended speakercraft aim one as well as definitive technology DI 8 or 6.5. Price point is almost the same for both brands in the approximate $200 to $250 range. I am looking for mid range - quality sound that won't also bankrupt me. Any advice highly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ALMFamily said:
First off - welcome to HTS! :wave:

I would take a look at the PSB M6X6.1 speakers. PSB makes excellent speakers (I have personally auditioned 3 different PSB speakers and was impressed with them all) and you can get those at DMC Electronics right now for $199 a piece.
Thanks for the warm welcome! And thanks for the advice too. The model you mention seems to be in-wall. Are the PSB in-ceiling speakers also good?

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Have fun. Dennis

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome! And thanks for the advice too. The model you mention seems to be in-wall. Are the PSB in-ceiling speakers also good?
It looks like that speaker can be mounted in ceiling or in wall - should be fine for your intended use.

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
First off - welcome to HTS! :wave:

I would take a look at the PSB M6X6.1 speakers. PSB makes excellent speakers (I have personally auditioned 3 different PSB speakers and was impressed with them all) and you can get those at DMC Electronics right now for $199 a piece.
Hello,
Welcome to HTS. Joe nailed exactly what I would recommend. These In Walls retail for $400 a pair and are a fantastic value at $199.
Cheers,
JJ

1 - 9 of 9 Posts