Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Anybody have any experiences with different in wall speaker wire? I know, not likely something people a/b as once it is installed there really isn't any swapping...just curious of peoples' insight. This would be for home theatre by the way.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
if you run the wire inside pipe you can run normal speaker wire and this makes pulling it out and exchanging it later down the road much simpler. Costs a bit more up front for the conduit and boxes but makes up for it in the end.

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
in my existing house, I used carol in-wall rated wire from either PE or outdoorspeakerdepot, forgot which. Worked well, except the 12g for the sub has thick strands that aren't very flexible, which I didn't like, but hey, the sub doesn't get messed with much.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
if you run the wire inside pipe you can run normal speaker wire and this makes pulling it out and exchanging it later down the road much simpler. Costs a bit more up front for the conduit and boxes but makes up for it in the end.
+1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.