Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help replaced the bulb which took me forever to find and now it still wont stay lite what else could the problem be cant find a manual on internet anywhere which could me with this the bulb lights up but stay lite goes out after about 5 secs thanks ford:hissyfit:

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Check to be sure that you got the cover seated properly. There are usually safety switches that keep the unit from starting with the lamp cover off. Perform any timer resets that might be possible. Some of the old sharps wopuld not start if the lamp time had been exceeded until you reset the timer with a particular keppad combination. Most units don't do that these days but read your user manual.

You could have a lamp supply(ballast) problem, or a bad temperature sensor, but those are just guesses. You will not find manuals on Infocus units, nor will you find parts. They simply will not sell them, except to the handfull of large service centers that they have authorized to service the units. These are essentially the only option that one has for service. You have apparently already seen the Infocus thread in the Manufacturer and Vendor Reference forum. That is all of the info that I can provide on Infocus. Every time that I have ever contacted them for any kind of support they have been arrogant and dismissive and say simply to send the unit to them or one of their listed servicers. Sorry to be of little help...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This worked for my 220. Try this: Turn off the projector, wait 45 seconds, turn on projector, once the projector powers up and the lite goes "black" accompanied by the yellow "lamp light" illuminating, press both brightness buttons simultaneously for at least 5 seconds. When you release them, the yellow "lamp life" light will go out and your "life" counter will be reset to zero hours. The lamp will work once again!

Note: This model displays the yellow "lamp light" at 150 hours remaining to prompt you that the 750 limit is close at hand. I know 250 lumens is a joke these days, but I got mine for free, my kids love it! This is a tough projector as the kids frequently watch TV on it for hours and then simply turn it off without going to standby (against my repeated reminders, of course), but it continues to work great. I can never go back to a "normal" TV again! Hope this helps someone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts