Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  TonyS 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, first post here, and pretty much anywhere so bear with me a bit on this. My dad is giving me a projecter he has had for quite a few years, its the Infocus LP130. I am wanting to be able to hook it up to my ps3. I know i cant connect it straight from my ps3 to the projecter because of the projecter not being HDCP. So what do i need to be able to connect these two things together? i would like the best quality my projecter can give obviously, but ill take whatever i can get.

Do i need an M1-DA to hdmi converter box (or whatever they are called) or even just component?

#3 · (Edited)
so if i got a m1-D female to hdmi adapter like this, monoprice adapter, plug it into my projecter and then connect an hdmi from that to my ps3 it should work?

I already have an hdmi cord so figure might as well keep using that connection if i could. put could easily change over to the component.. but i read that component is also not supported so idk if there would be problems with the conversion on that front as well.

#4 ·
As long as the M1-DA is male on the pj that would work. I know that the one Infocus I worked with that had the M1-DA port on it, I bought a M1-DA male to HDMI female adapter and it worked for my purposes. But I wasn't connecting a PS3 or anything that was HDCP compliant.

#6 ·
Okay, so i finally got the piece and projector together. I haven't been able to try my PS3 yet, but when i start a netflix movie on my apple tv it doesn't work. It will go all the way tell i can see the bar on the bottom that shows you how far in the show you are. But it just loads for a little bit then gives me an HDCP message... is there any way to bypass this message! please help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.