Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a quick measure and PEQ on my subs. Here is a graph of my stereo subs before EQ

Here is after a quick PEQ with 3 filters, the limit on my current digital XO...

Not too bad for a start,

I'm waiting on a MiniDSP nanoAVR and I'll see how it goes from there

Attachments

·
REW Author
6,711 Posts
Might want to switch the frequency axis to log and increase the LF cutoff to 20 Hz so the target is a better match for the response at the bottom end.

The SPL figures suggest you didn't go through SPL calibration, worth doing that to get the plots at a more realistic level on the graphs. May also want to raise the mic level a little if you can, the signal-to-noise ratio on the measurements is on the low side (but OK).

The two measurements you have averaged are very different above 50 Hz, not sure averaging them is that meaningful. Are they individual measurements of separate subs? If the subs are driven from the same signal better making a measurement with both playing and using that as your basis for any EQ.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All good suggestions. I calibrated it after this was done. REW is a great program and I'm just getting the hang of it. My noise floor at the time was about 45dB and the sweeps were at around 75dB so the S/N was not that good. I need to do this at night and/or raise the sweep level.
I get my miniDSP box tomorrow, so I'm gonna give it another go then. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts