Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I input all known parameters of a mach5 IXL 18" and when I went to save it gave an error (parameter error list) and it said consistency check on following parameter groups failed. See help file for recommended data entry procedure. Not sure what to or where to find info. I don't want to have to depend on everyone else to do everything. Would like to play around with this winisd program just a little bit on my own.

Thanks
Mike

·
Banned
165 Posts
Start by only entering the "Electro-Mechanical parameters" Mms, Cms, Rms, Re, BL, Sd. It will automatically calculate some of the other values. Enter the remaining parameters while leaving the auto-calculated values even if they differ from the expected values a little bit. If they seem way off you might have the units wrong on something you entered.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found info . I will see what happens.Next question would be how do I find force factor (Bl) of any driver?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay I need some info. Lets say a given driver had a freq response of 25hz to 250hz. With all of its info in winisd it graphs the higher freqs along 0db until you get to the point where it hits -3db at 30. All hypothetical. Is it best for all of the higher freqs to be pretty flat at 0, or again hypothetical what if somewhere between 35 and 65 its above 0 slightly?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If a driver says it has a recommended ported box size at a given frequency, is it cast in stone or can you make the box size bigger to obtain lower freq?

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
what if somewhere between 35 and 65 its above 0 slightly?
Not a problem.
is it cast in stone or can you make the box size bigger to obtain lower freq?
You can make the box bigger and tune lower to get more low end extension at the cost of overall out put. It's all about trade offs and finding the best combination of box size and tuning for a specific application.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts