Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using REW for some time now but since the recent Windows creators update I cannot get it to see the microphone input. It sees the sound card and it is the same settings as previously but nothing comes through! The sound card still works with other software ok. I bought a separate USB mic converter to see if that would work but even when set to this no input comes through. It is as if the software no longer accepts an input but it is obviously something else. I've tried uninstalling a reinstalling with the latest version but it is still the same!
I am getting a bit desperate as I accidentally deleted the settings on my system EQ and it now sounds awful!

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Try swapping the selected input channel ( as found in the preferences window ).

I believe REW defaults to the right chnl input ( after a fresh install ) while most people seem to prefer to use the left input.

:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried that! Still nothing, the same with the mic adaptor, it is very confusing.
I have now installed it on an old Windows XP computer and got it working with the USB mic adaptor, thank goodness!

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Why not just go back to a version of Win10 that's working correctly with your hardware ?

( A bit of snooping round shows that this developer's build has issues ) .

:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha, that, unfortunately, is not a solution in the long run. If we had to do that each time there was an update we would still be running Windows 95!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts