Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I've got to question why a 9 year old is even allowed to touch a gun of that size. What is wrong with parents theses days.
Story here if you have not heard.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's an odd one, I think it's fixed now

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I read this story this morning. Stupidity all around and I can't imagine what the girl is and will have to deal with along with the guys family.

·
Premium Member
5,802 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Apparently it is ok as long as they are over 5 years old!
I've fired a small pistol, a 33 and a 22 and I would never in a million years alow my daughters who are that age to even go near any firearm :nono:

·
Premium Member
5,802 Posts
I've fired a small pistol, a 33 and a 22 and I would never in a million years alow my daughters who are that age to even go near any firearm :nono:
I agree. :T

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I believe in the 2nd amendment but I also believe in common sense. This young woman should have never been at the trigger of a gun as powerfull as this one. :huh:

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Well, when my daughters were 6 & 8 years old, they decided they wanted to go deer hunting with me. I had access to some private property with a lot of deer. So I wired three palets together, put burlap around them & them zip tied bushes around all of that. I put chairs on the inside & we would sit there & watch the deer as they would walk across a long road (each had binoculars, I had a scope). Well, to make a long story short, they had to try to shoot one themselves. Nix'd that telling them they had to practice shooting & consitantly hit the bullseye before I would even consider letting them shoot at a living animal.

I bought them a 357 Magnum, single shot rifle (breach action & have to cock the hammer). Let me tell you, those girls were naturals at it. They spent that next summer practicing & eack bagged deer the next winter (have great vidios of multiple hunts) & continue to bag them every year. They are 17 & 19 now (boy how time flies). They are the greatest kids a dad could ask for.

Moral of the story: It's all about teaching responsable, safe use of firearms and knowing when your children are ready. And they are all different. Idots with guns come in all ages.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts