Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Great review as usual Mike. I have been looking forward to this film and your review just made it easy for me to make this a buy when it gets released. :T

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Thank you for the review. Would you say it's a sub killer kinda like the opening scene of Edge of Tomorrow?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Nice review Mike. Day one BD buy for me

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Thanks. I never heard of this movie. I will check it out after reading this review. The trailer by the way, looks great. Also, it is interesting that you had to watch it several times to get more out of this movie. I will have to pay very close attention when I first view it. :)

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I am a huge fan of Chris Nolan’s films and this one is no exception. I love the depth (and length) of his films and I love the requirement for critical thinking that also is needed. The wife and I had a blast watching this one in theaters, but somehow missed seeing this one in the IMAX presentation. I caught The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises in IMAX, and even Inception (though no IMAX sequences were shot). I am thoroughly looking forward to seeing the IMAX sequences in this film! I can’t wait to watch this one over and over again.

Regarding the hard-to-hear dialog you experienced, that was actually done on-purpose by Chris Nolan. He got a took a lot of flak for that decision in this movie and even for Bane in TDKR, but unlike that one, he preserved Interstellar’s audio levels. Personally I had no problem with it in theaters, but my wife did mention something after we got out of the theaters.

Eitherway, next week's release can't come soon enough!

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am a huge fan of Chris Nolan’s films and this one is no exception. I love the depth (and length) of his films and I love the requirement for critical thinking that also is needed. The wife and I had a blast watching this one in theaters, but somehow missed seeing this one in the IMAX presentation. I caught The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises in IMAX, and even Inception (though no IMAX sequences were shot). I am thoroughly looking forward to seeing the IMAX sequences in this film! I can’t wait to watch this one over and over again.

Regarding the hard-to-hear dialog you experienced, that was actually done on-purpose by Chris Nolan. He got a took a lot of flak for that decision in this movie and even for Bane in TDKR, but unlike that one, he preserved Interstellar’s audio levels. Personally I had no problem with it in theaters, but my wife did mention something after we got out of the theaters.

Eitherway, next week's release can't come soon enough!
interesting about the dialog. I wasn't aware of that tidbit. Do you know the reason why he chose to do that? I'm actually curious now

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. I never heard of this movie. I will check it out after reading this review. The trailer by the way, looks great. Also, it is interesting that you had to watch it several times to get more out of this movie. I will have to pay very close attention when I first view it. :)
you hadn't heard of one of this years BIGGEST summer blockbusters??? ;)

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
you hadn't heard of one of this years BIGGEST summer blockbusters??? ;)
Yeah, I am behind the times when it comes to movies in theaters. Truth be told, my kids often tell me about the movies before I even know them. :) I will check this movie out. Thanks again for your outstanding review. :)

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Thanks again for another quality review Mike. The wife and I caught this one in theaters and loved it! I can't wait to watch this one again here at the house.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Bought this on my ps4. I loved the movie (so much actually I'm gonna watch it again tonight) the sound effects and lfe are amazing. I don't have a killer sub but the little nxg made me feel like the ship was in my basement. Great flick for anyone.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
I might rent this one or buy it. Your review was interesting plus I have read other reviews and people love it others say it is slow :dontknow:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
I might rent this one or buy it. Your review was interesting plus I have read other reviews and people love it others say it is slow :dontknow:
Just buy it. Well worth owning and somewhat like Inception in that with each viewing something new might be learned.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Picked my copy up already! Watched a little bit and am REALLY looking forward to seeing the rest of the IMAX shots and hearing the soundtrack!!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Just watched this today and it earns an unqualified recommendation! Deep, visceral bass, an engaging story (if questionable science). It is immensely entertaining, and isn't that what we're about here?

Sent from my iPhone using HTShack

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
The science is most certainly questionable, but that is because it is all based on theory. However, that being said, they worked meticulously with a theoretical physicist to try to get it as close to accuracy as possible. Having just finished my second viewing of the film I can say I love the film even more. It's not an easy film to get from just one viewing, but most of Chris Nolan's work are the same - they truly require multiple viewings to really grasp and appreciate their scope.

I am looking forward to sitting and viewing the extras later today. I am also looking forward to my next viewing of the film itself!

·
Registered
356 Posts
The science is most certainly questionable, but that is because it is all based on theory. However, that being said, they worked meticulously with a theoretical physicist to try to get it as close to accuracy as possible. Having just finished my second viewing of the film I can say I love the film even more. It's not an easy film to get from just one viewing, but most of Chris Nolan's work are the same - they truly require multiple viewings to really grasp and appreciate their scope. I am looking forward to sitting and viewing the extras later today. I am also looking forward to my next viewing of the film itself!
Well said. I enjoy theoretical physics, but it is very speculative. Wormholes may not even exist, and if they do, they are likely very tiny and would need prodigious amounts of exotic matter to open them up. As for entering a black hole, you'd be "spaghetified" before you were able to get very far. All that said, it made for a very entertaining film!

Sent from my iPhone using HTShack

·
Registered
910 Posts
Great review Mike. I bought the BD yesterday & look forward to watching it today.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Thanks for the review Mike. I wish I had read the review before watching, but I was afraid of spoilers (of which there were none). I enjoyed the movie too, but I will need to watch it several more times to fully grasp everything that is going on in it. The screen format changes were a little irritating to me at times, and at other times I didn't even noticed the screen had changed to 16x9 until it changed to the wider format. Audio was very good except for a few whispers that were difficult to understand... Maybe they were meant to be hard to understand or maybe I needed to listen at a louder level than -25? :T

1 - 20 of 58 Posts