Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody,

I will try to introduce myself :sn:

I am an Non-Pro Musician & Music Enthusiast from France.
I am playing in a few underground metal bands and I record/mix/master myself everything linked to these bands (namely : Mystic Forest, Eikenskaden, The Skaden... etc.).

As a complete worshiper of the "headphone god" I was completely uninterested until now in everything linked to Room Treatement and so on...

But here it is, I am now trying to build my small "2.0 music room" and after trying to fight the "modal bass angel of death", and so on, I am more than interested by REW and miniDSP !!!

But here is the issue... I just want to use REW/miniDSP or any other hardware to enhance my "2.0 with NO-bi-amp" audio system and it seems impossible to find the good hardware/plug-in to do it in this forum :) ... There is tonnes of 5.1, 7.1, 7.2 systems examples... tonnes of 2.1... How, a few 2.0 ? Nah, this is Crossover bi-amped 2.0 (hey... I just want a single amp 2.0 system)... So here it is I will try to find out what to buy as a hardware to built my DRC system, based on whattever hardware will permit to enhanced my mono-amped 2.0 audio system ! :innocent:

So some Details about my Equip

Recording / Music Production :
* Cubase
* MOTU Ultralight

Headphones :
* Beyerdynamics DT990 PRO
* Beyerdynamics DT880 Custom
* A few Sennheiser CX 400 ii

Audio :
* NAD C515BEE CD Player
* NAD C315BEE as Headphones amp
* Marantz PM5004 as 2.0 amp
* KEF Q100

Best regards :T

·
Premium Member
5,823 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Hello and welcome to HTS. :T

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bina greene : Yes ! Metal deserve high ends audio systems :hsd:

Todd Anderson : That's done :T

Everyone : Thanks for your welcome and thanks for the ones who answer me about my MiniDSP issue... I will come back to you as soon as my MiniDSP config will be installed/Configured/Tested... Regards !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts