Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone!

My name is Darlene, I live on Long Island in New York. I found this app on the App store and am so happy i did! I bought several new home theater components for Christmas but have still not connected most of them because I am completely lost :(. Although I am normally pretty tech savvy, the AV stuff has me feeling like I can't read because there are so many technical terms I don't understand; it all sounds like Greek. Additionally, trying to decipher 5 or 6 different manuals, many of which are clearly translated from Japanese (and so are often very unclear) as well as figure out which manual(s) to "listen to" when the information is sometimes conflicting has my head spinning. So long story short, I am thankful this forum exists and hope that everyone will forgive my "newbie" ignorance and possible dumb questions.

Thanks all!

Darlene (dlyliny1)

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Re: Good morning from Long Island NY

Welcome to the Shack! Hope you enjoy your stay!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
re: Good morning from Long Island NY

Welcome, Darlene! Home Theater gadgetry and equipment gets very overwhelming at first, but stick around and you'll pick it up like a pro! Thanks for chiming in and saying hi and I hope you enjoy your stay here!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
re: Good morning from Long Island NY

Thanks Jon! Glad to be here and look forward to getting to know folks!

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Glad you could join us, Darlene!

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack, Darlene. We hope that you will become part of the HTS community and enjoy both contributing to help others and find value in what others have posted.

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
Welcome to HTS Darlene!! :wave:

Do not worry - I know exactly what you mean. When I found this forum a few months ago, I could not even spell AVR! ;) It has been a great source of knowledge for me and the people here are incredibly helpful. Make sure to ask any questions you have - the only bad question is one not asked.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts