Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to say hello to everyone and thanks for such a great resource.
I am hoping to use REW for my mains as well as my subs, possibly using two Behringer units.
I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions along the way, but I plan on doing alot of reading first.
My mains are DIY (Alpha LS) line array's as well as the four subs (12in shiva's) sealed.
The room has also been treated with custom pannels made from owens corning.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Welcome aboard, Your setup looks beautifull.....:wave:

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Glad to have you at Home Theater Shack, Bowed. Nice looking theater!

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Welcome aboard the Shack!

I agree your theater looks really nice, Good job!

Enjoy your stay with us.

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
Welcome to HomeTheaterShack. That is a beautiful setup you have there.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome, and can I come over? Have fun. Dennis

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
WELCOME WELCOME! I am an owner of a pair of LS-9s as well! Great to see another LS fan here. They certainly are wonderful speakers.

What do you have running them?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
WELCOME WELCOME! I am an owner of a pair of LS-9s as well! Great to see another LS fan here. They certainly are wonderful speakers.

What do you have running them?
Thanks everyone. I wish you were closer, I would love to hear the LS-9's!
I am driving them with a Denon Prepro and a Rotel RB-1090 which was a hold over from my
Magnepan days. I did some beginning tests yesterday and I think It may already be time to start posting in the help forums :-(

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Is that the new Denon Pre/pro? The AV1HDCI? If so, how do you like it?

I am a huge fan of the Denon receivers and that pre/pro just looked like a real winner. Definitely post in the help forums with any questions, concerns and we'll help you as best we can!

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome Jon. Have fun. Dennis

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello,

Great to find this resource. I'm mostly a stereophile, but I'm going to be modifying my stereo listening room to incorporate home theatre as well, so I'll reading a lot on the forum and am sure to have questions. I'll be using a second set of electronics for the home theatre, but hope to use my existing hybrid electrostatics and dual subs for both the home theatre and stereo listening. If anyone has experience in this area I'd be very interested to hear about it.

Thom

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome Thom. Have fun. Dennis

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is that the new Denon Pre/pro? The AV1HDCI? If so, how do you like it?

I am a huge fan of the Denon receivers and that pre/pro just looked like a real winner. Definitely post in the help forums with any questions, concerns and we'll help you as best we can!
Acutally the Denon that I am using is a older pre HDMI unit, but still performs well audio wise in my system.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Good stuff, either way! The LS's are certainly amazing speakers and I am sure the Alphas sound great as well!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts