Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, as a new member I would like to give some insight into what I am about.
I have just built new subs and integrated them into my system .
They are set up in stereo mode, and cross over from my Orion's at 53hz into a Behringer FBQ 24/96
I just downloaded the sine waves onto a thumb drive and hope to EQ the subs manually.
I know this is a long job, but I don't know how to use REW as it looks really complicated to me.
These are serious subwoofers in 14ft transmission lines and weigh in at about 350lbs each,
and were designed by Gerry Klapwijk in Calgary.
They use constrained layer damped construction and are driven by Emotiva XPR-1 1000 watt mono's,
one on each sub.
The boxes are so large, I had to lay them down, one on each side of my dedicated listening room.
The room is 30x18x 8.5 Ft, all 4 walls and floor are 8inch rainforest concrete with double soundproof doors
with a 5 inch air gap.
The room is engineered for sound ,with absorption ,reflection and diffraction taken into account.
I built this room myself as I could not afford to pay someone else to do It, (I am dedicated, not rich.)
I built a glass and wood bar at one end of the room to house my single malt collection, (this helps with the
reflection and diffraction part.)
The rest of my system Includes a Sony XA777 ES, SACD player, OPPO BDP-95 Blu-ray player and Basis Gold Standard turntable as sources.
The rest of my amplification includes Bryston and ATI.
Various home made passive line stages and switch boxes for the surround speakers, that are also home made.
Projection is Panasonic PT-AE 7000 and Elune Vision 10FT wide drop down screen.
The last thing I should mention is that I am retired and live with my wife of 44 years.
Any comments about my system and what I am doing with EQ, would be welcome.
Cheers.
Zarka.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome John and Bill.
Hope to put some photos up when I figure out how to do It.
I think transmission line subs are the way to go, way more energy and definition
than any ported or sealed box I've ever heard.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Sounds awesome to me. It sounds like you have a pretty sweet room. I think that you need to have 5 posts before you can post pictures.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Orion.
Thanks for the heads up.
Look forward to sharing Ideas and Info with people who have the same Interests.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts