Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all,
I have been reading and researching my future HT (well actually a media room). I have been so very impressed by the wealth of information on this forum. I work for a major freight railroad in NC and am looking forward to starting my build.

My oldest daughter which resides in my basement is moving out and the wife an I want to use the space for a sports media room. Go Heels!. I have a bar and bathroom in place and want make a sports party room. Early plans have me doing a 82" dlp. Two rows of berkline with the second row on risers. A smaller flat panel behind the bar (for viewing while getting a snack or a separate game altogether). I am not very tech savvy and haven't really researched my surround sound yet, however it is quite a large room.

I will keep all informed and post pics when I actually start the build. In the meantime keep the great information rolling in.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Glad you could join us....:wave:

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hi Brent, Welcome aboard the Shack!

Enjoy your stay with us.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome Brent. Have fun. Dennis

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the warm welcomes. As I stated before, there is just a wealth of information on this forum and I am looking forward to reading and learning. Do any of yawl ever surf craigslist in search of add on's? I am going to have to scrimp somewhere and don't want to do it on anything that may affect the "wow" factor in my build. We are going to look at a couple of Ashley conductor chairs tomorrow (really want berkline but may have to settle for a while) we found local on craigslist. Just wondered if anyone else has found this to be a good source.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I've sold a couple of my pieces of home theater equipment on Craigslist. I wouldn't necessarily count on it give you reliability in showing of quality products, but it definitely doesn't hurt to check around anyway!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts