Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am a noob that is just completing the builds.

I have the following config.

2 Woofers in independent sealed boxes that will be bang on 4.0 cubic feet each internally

Woofers are SI HT 18 D4's
Amp is iNuke 6000dsp

I was planning on running @ 4 Ohm on each channel with the limiter set. Prior to turning it all on I was going to use the technique of removing all the speakers and running it at a higher level to see if it clips.

Other was this thread with images to have some knowledgeable people verify my config.

Thanks guys any all feedback is much appreciated including criticism!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I am a noob that is just completing the builds.

I have the following config.

2 Woofers in independent sealed boxes that will be bang on 4.0 cubic feet each internally

Woofers are SI HT 18 D4's
Amp is iNuke 6000dsp

I was planning on running @ 4 Ohm on each channel with the limiter set. Prior to turning it all on I was going to use the technique of removing all the speakers and running it at a higher level to see if it clips.

Other was this thread with images to have some knowledgeable people verify my config.

Thanks guys any all feedback is much appreciated including criticism!
My feedback to you is, Dang! Get ready!

I see a 20hz low-pass filter lit up. Is it engaged? If so, why?

It may not be a bad idea to check out your preamp signal levels as you mentioned. It's a safe bet to leave the limiter on. As you know, preamps and AVRs play different with pro amps so it helps to get a grasp on where your gear stands, especially with that much power. ;)

My Behringer/SI combo has served me well. I'm sure you'll have a similar (mind blowing) experience.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Can you send me some shots of the part you are wondering about if it's not a bother. Thanks!
I believe it was your second or third picture. For some reason I can't see your pics anymore.

Basically you have a low-pass and high-pass filter button. I remember seeing the low-pass one lit up orange and set to 20hz. There was a small graph just above representing this setting. It caugh my attention. If engaged it will certainly impact performance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Understood and agreed!

From my reading on a sealed box this small HPF really isn't required either. Thoughts?

Also, what are you running?

Thanks for all your time and guidance!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Understood and agreed!

From my reading on a sealed box this small HPF really isn't required either. Thoughts?

Also, what are you running?

Thanks for all your time and guidance!
I have a Behringer DCX 2496 processor behind a Behringer PEQ 2000 amp feeding two SVS db12s (ported) and two SI HT15s (sealed).

I leave the peak limiter on. All subs are crossed low-pass at 80hz. No high pass needed, even for the ported 12s.

You will have more subsonic output than I. I'm pretty flat to 6hz, and my SI enclosures only net about 2.8 ft^3.

Don't waste the best of what these subs have to offer with a subsonic filter. You have enough power and displacement to keep these subs from struggling. I just hope you have good bracing in your enclosures!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts