Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IOFLOOD.com Service Agreement

I would like to personally welcome you to I/O FLOOD. We are excited to be working with you on hosting your websites, keeping things secure and backed up, and generally making sure your websites run as smoothly as possible. This document is here to describe the services we are offering to provide you, pricing, and other details.

I/O FLOOD will be providing a server with the following specifications:
  • Xeon X3460 CPU (quad core, 2.8ghz, with hyperthreading)
  • 16GB DDR3 ECC RAM
  • Supermicro Motherboard with IPMI and dual gigabit lan
  • 2X 1TB Western Digital RE3 hard drives in linux software RAID 1
  • 2X 32GB Intel X-25E SSD hard drives in linux software RAID 1
  • R1soft backup software with MySQL add-on
  • 200gb RAID 1 backup space for use with R1soft backup software
  • 10mbps unmetered internet connection on our PhoenixNap-provided bandwidth blend
  • 1000mbps private network connection
  • cPanel Dedicated Server License
  • Centos 5.5, 64 bit
  • 2 IP addresses included to start, up to 8 ip addresses total provided at no additional charge with valid ARIN justification
As part of our fully managed server offerings, we agree to provide the following services:
  • 24/7 technical support and proactive monitoring
  • Troubleshooting and management of any hardware or network related issues
  • Troubleshooting and management of cPanel or vBulletin related issues
  • Server optimizations, including web server configurations, kernel configurations, and other system-administration related optimizations and configurations
  • Proactive operating system, control panel, and vBulletin security updates
  • Server data migration
  • Initial server setup and security hardening
  • One time speed and optimization analysis of one website
  • Configuration and management of hourly backups and restoration support
  • Management of external DNS for up to 25 domains
  • 1 hour / month included admin time for work outside the scope of this agreement
  • Additional admin time available at $45 / hour if requested
Service outside of the scope of included management, which would require using included or additional admin time, includes the following:
  • Troubleshooting of any html, css, js, php, and other programming or website design work, beyond the one time speed and optimization analysis offered, would be considered as included or additional admin time.
  • Any computer programming, with the exception of shell scripting necessary to support the agreed upon system administration responsibilities, would be considered as additional admin time.
  • Management of third party scripts and software. Software included for management is defined as cpanel, linux, web server software (such as apache, nginx, or squid), vBulletin and its plugins, mysql, php, r1soft, or any software installed by or used to support any of the above packages. Any software falling outside of this definition would be treated as third party software, and would be supported via included or additional admin time.
Pricing:
The cost for the above service is $4999 for the first year. A $500 deposit will be made prior to starting the service. Billing will start when the server is set up and it is verified that data has been migrated from the existing server. Within 30 days of this setup date, the remaining $4499 will be due and payable. If customer is not satisfied with the service during this initial 30 day period, the customer may request a full refund for all services provided.

For the second and further years of service, the fee for the above services will be $2999 / year, unless unexpectedly high levels of inflation occur. Our primary costs include colocation fees, bandwidth charges, and contract labor (primarily denominated in Great British Pounds). As such, unexpected inflation would be defined as a greater than 15% decline in the value of the dollar compared to the Great British Pound, or a greater than 15% increase in prices from our suppliers of colocation or bandwidth. If such greater than 15% increase in costs occurs by the service rebill date, the rebilling price of $2999 / year is not guaranteed to be accurate.

Payment method:
The recommended form of payment is via paypal mass payment to [email protected]
Other forms of payment accepted upon request.

Technical Support:
The primary means of technical support is intended to be our ticketing system. Technical support may also be provided by email, telephone, skype voice calls, or skype instant messaging. The ticketing system is recommended for non-emergency work due to its ability to keep track of previous requests and actions taken on your account. Skype instant messaging is recommended for less formal communications where you want to contact a particular employee. Phone support is recommended if you require an immediate response. Login details for the ticketing system, as well as applicable phone numbers and instant messenger contacts will be provided along with your welcome email when your server is set up.

The I/O FLOOD general terms of service are available at www.ioflood.com/terms.php. Except where specifically contradicted by the terms in this document, the terms at that URL are in effect.

I want to thank you again for trusting your website to I/O FLOOD. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email me back at [email protected], or give me a call at 702-482-8064

Sincerely,
Gabriel Ramuglia, IOFLOOD.com

View attachment IOFlood_Service_Agreement.doc

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I certainly hope it won't be an issue... it hasn't been for almost five years now. We have been running Linux on our server since day one. CentOS is the most popular enterprise operating system available... and probably the most reliable.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just that email address and phone number for Gabe should be sufficient. Once we get the server setup, I will give you admins the login info so that a ticket can be created before calling or emailing Gabe, as he may not always be the one handling support.

If you can login to see tickets then we all will know if one of us has already created a ticket... and we all can see the progress on the ticket as well.

Probably what we need to do between me, you, John and Leonard is setup an email account outside of our server for communications. Something that we do not have to login to check but can be delivered to our local email client on our computer, such as my Thunderbird program. That way if the server does go down, we can still send out emails to each other.

What I may do is setup htshack.com on another server somewhere. I will see what I can find for cheap.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I hate web mail but for a backup plan, a gmail or yahoo account is a good idea. You can check them from anywhere. I can't check my cox accounts easily from outside their network without paying extra.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When is the switch over going to take place?
He has the server setup and is getting the info copied over for testing. Should not be too much longer, although they may have quit for the weekend.

I hate web mail but for a backup plan, a gmail or yahoo account is a good idea. You can check them from anywhere. I can't check my cox accounts easily from outside their network without paying extra.
We are all setup on Gmail now with @htshack... and you can pull in up to five outside accounts on your Gmail at no extra cost... which is what I do now. I use Gmail to synchronize between my office and laptop for all my email addresses now. I use Thunderbird, even with Gmail on an IMAP account, so there is no webmail to deal with unless I need to see a deleted email. It is by far the best setup I have ever had for email and keeps it all organized very well for me.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I need to remember to provide info so that you can create support tickets in case of my absence.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Hey Sonnie,

remember to provide info so that we can create support tickets in case of your absence.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For any support needs, please open a ticket at http://manage.ioflood.com

Login details for support:

username: 1009

password: $v^-h7ts!zk%

You will want to copy and paste the password for ease of input.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For direct contact outside of the support ticket system:

Gabriel Ramuglia (Sales and Support)

email: [email protected]
phone: 702-482-8064

David Freyne (Support Engineer)

email: [email protected]
Phone: (951) 732-7202
Phone: 01337 895672

Jan Mulders (Sales and Support)

Email: [email protected]
Phone: 520-366-8422
Fax: 602-296-0264

COPY AND PASTE THIS INFO IN A SAFE ACCESSIBLE LOCATION ON YOUR COMPUTER

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I also recommend we all install Skype for quicker access to each other in case we go down or have something we need to discuss back and forth... it is quicker than emailing if we are online at the time of the Skype.

My handle is: sonnieparker

·
REW Author
6,711 Posts
There have been 3 posts from people struggling with incomplete downloads of the REW V5 installer in the last week or so, could there be a server issue behind that? Different browsers and different OS's.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I can certainly check on it and see, although I am not sure how it would effect it.

I downloaded 4 times over the last few days... once on my work desktop at the office and once on my laptop when you uploaded it the other day. Then again on each computer when you updated the link a little bit later.

Typically we would need to be able to duplicate the issue.

We have been on the server for over a month, so it seems odd that it would just start.

Is this is the only download link for the V5 that is public?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts