Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Can I connect my Panasonic I Pod dock to my Onkyo NR509 receiver.
I find noconnection on the receiver to accept the panasonic plug.
alexander33

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
Can I connect my Panasonic I Pod dock to my Onkyo NR509 receiver.
I find noconnection on the receiver to accept the panasonic plug.
alexander33
Hello,
Unless the Panasonic is a Universal Dock, I do not think it will work. Most Docks for AVR's are proprietary to each brand. I know on at least the upper mrange Onkyos that you can connect an iPod via USB. Granted you do not get Video and so forth, but it will provide sound in the mean time.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My receiver does have a SUB jack however my plug from my Panasonic dock
does not have a SUB plug. Can my plug be converted to a SUB??
If not I will just have to purchase another IPod dock.
Thanks for always trying to help.
One more question. Will a center channel speaker help sufficiently??
Is it worth the extra coast? I have two 6 ohms front speakers and a subwoofer now.
If a center channel speaker is warranted please give recommendation for a purchase.
(moderately priced) Thanks. alexander

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Alexander,
The Subwoofer Preout is designed specifically for hooking up a Subwoofer to and nothing but one. The Center Channel is arguably the most important Speaker in Home Theater. Ideally, they should match your Front Speakers. Without knowing your budget, it is next to impossible to know what you consider reasonable. I will say that you should spend as much as you possibly can on getting a good CC. Also, getting a Subwoofer should be very high on your list of priorities. The Dayton Sub120 is available for under $180 and is a fantastic value and a legitimately quality Subwoofer. As for the iPod, if you want Video, I am afraid you are going to have to purchase an Onkyo iPod Dock.
JJ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts