Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get my parents going with an inexpensive system. Looks like I can find a few deals but really want something with either a front USB mass storage port or a way to use an Ipod device to stream music. I am curious if this would be possible by buying a dock and using one of the HDMI ports or if I need to shop for an AVR with that ability?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was able to find some ipod "stations" online with multiple ports including HDMI, USB, SD, etc. I am not yet sure how they would interface with an AVR though. It would be nice to find a solution to view SD card data, USB mp3s, and sound stream from an ipod via digital connection.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Most current AVR's have iPod interface connectivity options. Some use Apple AirPlay while others offer an assortment of docks. I own a Onkyo 809 and just stream my music wirelessly via DLNA. DLNA doesn't support video streaming though but I don't need that.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Make sure the avr has a dedicated Ipod USB input, because some have a USB input but do not support it being used for IPODS, also make sure they dont require you to use their dock... Check out the i20 from PURE, I have used 3 different ones, and its my favorite... The i171 is a close second but it cost me $600 the i20 is under $90...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts