Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure off the top of my head? What is needed usually? The left side is two sections with an opening into another. The right side is a very small area.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So if I was looking at the AE15 which has a vas of 439L which is 15.5 cubic feet so then 10* that which is 150 cubic feet?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was thinking opposite wall as it has more cubic feet. I have the two GR Subs up front Sub + PR.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Off the top of my head lets say roughly $500 to start.

The room to the right is only 4' *7' *7' so left side would be the better option.

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
Exodus DPL-15's are $280 a pair plus shipping. I suggest an EP2500 amp for power, they can be found for under $300. You'll need a high pass filter at 16 hz to protect the subs from over excursion, the Reckhorn B1 can do the job for about $100. That puts you in the $700 ball park.

The advantage of the EP2500 is it has enough power for a second pair of subs should you decide you want more output in the future. There is enough volume in the 4' x 7' x7' room on the right side for a second pair. The Reckhorn can do both pairs.

Yellow is the output of one pair of DPL-15's You can expect 118 db at 20 hz, assuming 6 db of room gain.

IB Exodus.JPG

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
what makes the exodus better than the AE 15" ?

Also is the following true?
Lower Qts = tighter sound, higher Qts = better home theater effects. .5 Qts is kind of the best of both worlds if I remember correctly.

Would the room on the right be a problem since it has a door and an opening with my Inwall rack?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts