Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a hitachi 46f510 for free because the picture was screwed up. replaced both stks and got marked improvement but picture was still bad. purchased service manual. although I have recently found that you tell us not to hit the blue button with power off, when going through the manual it tells you to do just that.so now i imagine i will have to do a complete convergance and geometry rebuild. should I fork out the 60 bucks for the template? can you make your own? or do you need it? also their are no digital geometry adjustments on hitachi and I cant find info on how to. I have 3-d, blurry words, and irregular inward bows on tops and sides. convergence grids have irregular inward bows. osd is blurry and barely readible. even when i cover 2 colors to isolate one, none of the colors will focus clearly. any kind of ticker or overlaid channel display is much more bowed than the actual video is. sorry for the length of this and sorry for clearing the ram. is it baseball bat time?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forgot to mention when i change stks i checked all resister and pico fuses. everything fine except for a few resisters that read about half of line code. assumed these were parraleled

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I never said not to hit the blue button with the power off. That is on another forum. What I advise is to have the proper manuals and to read and follow them before doing anything. Advice of this nature is always suspect if it is not verified for a specific model or chassis. Even among manufacturers, procedures vary greatly between sets.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
A template makes it a lot easier, but I would not assume anything yet.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Your thread was moved to improve forum organization and to make information easier for others to find.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts