Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Well I've reached the point where a new AVR is just around the corner. I started visiting this site again to get info on the newer models. With a tight budget the "refurbished" or B-stock has become quite appealing to me. What I am most cautious about is how could I perform simple at home tests to confirm the unit is performing the way it was intended from the factory. As an example, if an amp channel stopped then thats easy to detect, no sound = simple find. However, what if any diagnostic tests could be done to confirm the processor is functioning correctly ?

Am I just being to paranoid ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think your fears are reasonable if you are looking to purchase from somewhere that may not be 100% trusted.
I personally bought an Onkyo reciever (Refurb) from accessories4less and everything worked great.
I would just make sure the seller is authorized from the original dealer.
Good luck with your searching!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.
I have an audio test cd but since its older it only does 5.1. The AVR's now have 7, 9 and few 11 channels.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I followed your info and checked the site accesoriesforless and now have another question.

If an older unit is being sold but there are known download updates would the unit ship with the latest most current revision or would the user have to perform the update process upon receipt and first use of the equipment ?

Guess I can e-mail them my question too....9/28/2011 got a reply from them that says the units should but not always do have the updates but explained that since its a network receiver and connected the unit will detect when updates are needed and that these are very easy to perform.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts