Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy my first projector and screen. I plan on getting a JVC 4K. DLA-X75R. I'm looking at Seymour CenterStage XD and 4K screen in a 2.35 format at 105" horz. width retractable. My main chair is about 19 feet away so I doubt I will see the pattern of the weave in the CenterStage XD. I plan on using it mostly for movies and some TV. My kids will be sitting as close a 8' (but I really don't care about there viewing experience). The price is almost double between the two. I'm concerned about any Moire' pattern showing up on the CenterStage XD screen. Does any one out there have a AT screen that once in a while see the Moire pattern? How often does it actually show up in real material?

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
The CentreStage XD material will show the Moire effect.. The material needs to be cut on about a 30 degree angle to eliminate the effect and AVSeymour will do that for you..
My XD screen material has been cut like that and I don't see any Moire patterns..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They don't do that with retractable screens. Only fixed they said. So I'm wondering how much of a problem it actually is. If I'm only going to see it once in a while on certian scenes I may be able to live with it.

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
WOW!! that is surprising..I don't understand why they don't do that on retractable screens! :scratch:
They wouldn't bias cut fixed screen material if Moire wasn't a problem!
You might have to go for the 4K material..That has no visible weave..
Maybe someone else here has an XD retractable screen that can help you..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.