Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was running some sweeps the other day, and ran a mic calibration file, everything was fine. Then I started running sweeps and suddenly the sweep took on a "warbled" tone. Tried rerunning the calibration files and just got tons of lines.

Tried it again the other day, then again just now, same thing.

Here is the graph I get when I run a cal...

Is this simply the case of a shot MobilePre? Anyone else have this issue?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I do not know but I have to say that your graph tickles my funny bone. "No smoothing," indeed!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, picked up another one finally, will try it out tomorrow and hopefully be back to using REW!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, new MobilePre, exact same result. So clearly not the MobilePre (frustrating!!). I've tried different cables as well.

Don't believe it's the laptop, since it works fine with my old Galaxy meter and a creative USB sound card. So must be a setting, but I haven't changed anything???

·
Registered
208 Posts
I've had the same thing happen, but never during measuring. Just when listening to the headphone output on Pandora or something, it sometimes takes on a sort of warbled tone. Unplugging it from the USB for a few seconds or so then replugging it fixes the issue though. I figured there was a bug in the software somewhere along the line... driver, firmware, whatever. Luckily, I've never had it happen during measuring and never gotten a result like the one you showed.

What version of MobilePre are you using? I'm using the old school one shown here.

Regards,
John

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Same version I'm using, and yes, had a similar experience and figured out a few "finicky" things which are really annoying. I'm going to just do a "MobilePre Setup and Trouble Shooting Thread" as I don't see on on here.

I also have a perfectly good MobilePre that's about to go up for sale seeing as I now have two. :duh:

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
> Does your computer allow automatic software updates ?
> An system update may have pushed your computer out of compatibility with your soundcards drivers .

> It's worthwhile to make sure that the version of JAVA you are currently running is the latest for your OS .

> Check to make sure your soundcard drivers are up to date by going here !

:sn:

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
pbc said:
Thanks Earl (nice to see another GTA poster! Need a MobilePre btw? ).

I've started a setup/troubleshooting thread here...

http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...ng-thread.html

Hopefully it's of help to people.
I'm confused here . What I don't get is the following ;

> Have you ( automagically ) fixed the problem that you were having ( IOW, the reason for this thread ) ?
> How does this ( new fix ) figure into your new thread ?

<> :sn:

·
Registered
208 Posts
I interpreted it as, the problem has now (automagically) gone away, and is no longer happening with either of the units. Therefore, he has started a thread to help people avoid or cure a problem whose cause he does not understand and which neither he nor anyone else has a certain method to prevent or stop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.