Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is the graph of the measurement i took last sunday. Not sure if i did everything right, i followed the instruction on the REW help file, used an ECM8000 mic with a xenyx 802 and an UCA2202 usb external sound card

I ajusted the sound level of the onkyo 706 to -28 to get a reading of 75db on my spl as requested to set rew prior to start taking measure

If the graph does not look ok please just let me know what i did wrong

I took 2 measurement 1 at seat position and 1 at near field (mic 2 inches from sub driver)

Alain

Attachments

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
Hi,

I assume the Blue is the near field graph and looks like what I would expect.
The second graph suggests you may want to try moving the sub around to get a better in room response.
Is this sub only or sub + mains.
If it is the latter then try reversing the phase and see if that fills in the 50Hz and up area.

Cheers,
Bill.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

I assume the Blue is the near field graph and looks like what I would expect.
The second graph suggests you may want to try moving the sub around to get a better in room response.
Is this sub only or sub + mains.
If it is the latter then try reversing the phase and see if that fills in the 50Hz and up area.

Cheers,
Bill.
The measurement is the sub only. I know i have a peak at 40hz according to the graph but is there a way to determine how to move the sub. I mean read the graph and determine if the sub should be moved forward backward left right ect. Currently the sub is located in the middle of my front wall

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
I would try moving it to a corner location and vary the distance from both walls and take measurements.
Alternatively you can set the sub at the listening position and use REW in RTA mode. You then put the mic where the sub could go and move around until you find the flattest signal.

Cheers,
Bill.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts