Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious... Really want to get started on this build.. I cant wait actually, but just was wondering on the anarchy.. Haven't heard it brought up in a while ..
Thanks guys, and Happy Thanksgiving !!

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
NO sir :( I was hoping to buy 6 21's in order to get 12 Anarchy's so I could do 6.1 surround MTM with dual 21's in home and 4 in-car...

and I had just stopped crying about it two hours ago...here I go again!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NO sir :( I was hoping to buy 6 21's in order to get 12 Anarchy's so I could do 6.1 surround MTM with dual 21's in home and 4 in-car...

and I had just stopped crying about it two hours ago...here I go again!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
:(

Interesting build in the vehicle it would be :)

Im waiting for Rusty at DC audio to get some more level 5s up .. Hoping to Finally break 150 in the trunk car this season :D

And im sure Kevin could come up with 2 more for me and 12 more for you :)

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
:(

Interesting build in the vehicle it would be :)

Im waiting for Rusty at DC audio to get some more level 5s up .. Hoping to Finally break 150 in the trunk car this season :D

And im sure Kevin could come up with 2 more for me and 12 more for you :)
young Jedi hahaha

you should check the posts in the car audio section, got a buddy lookin to do an 18" lv5/btl/dp sort of thing

I'd like to see a build log of your trunk car

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
The Anarchy special was run to help me raise the capital for the production run. I've already paid for it so I'm past the need of financing the production run, and the special is over. It ran from Oct 14- Nov. 14th.

Don't stress though... you are getting the things near cost. It just kills me but even when I give something away, people still want to haggle down the price of the product. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. There is not another driver on the planet near this price that performs like the Anarchy.

BTW: They arrive in port tomorrow. Unless they get extensive examination by the Customs guys, I should have them by the end of next week. I still have to buy packing materials to ship them. They came in OEM packaging so I have to figure out boxes/shipping materials for reasonable packaging and shipping in onesie-twosies which may take another couple weeks.

Kevin Haskins
Exodus Audio

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Anarchy special was run to help me raise the capital for the production run. I've already paid for it so I'm past the need of financing the production run, and the special is over. It ran from Oct 14- Nov. 14th.

Don't stress though... you are getting the things near cost. It just kills me but even when I give something away, people still want to haggle down the price of the product. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. There is not another driver on the planet near this price that performs like the Anarchy.

BTW: They arrive in port tomorrow. Unless they get extensive examination by the Customs guys, I should have them by the end of next week. I still have to buy packing materials to ship them. They came in OEM packaging so I have to figure out boxes/shipping materials for reasonable packaging and shipping in onesie-twosies which may take another couple weeks.

Kevin Haskins
Exodus Audio
Hey no problem at all.. I understand what your doing and see the quality of your product, and I was in no way trying to haggle you down, Ive run ID equiptment in my cars for years and ive won more shows and have had better luck and CS with them as well, So thats just why I cant wait to get started on this build, especially as good as your product is, and all the positive things I have heard about you and Exodus, not only here but on multiple forums..

SO thanks again Kevin, and I'll be letting you know soon when im going to order, because I did have a few questions about my room layout and placement.. But until then

Happy Thanksgiving, And try do enjoy this thing you probably dont understand to well.. Oh yea a few days off :rubeyes:

·
Registered
704 Posts

Kevin Haskins
Exodus Audio
How are they packaged from the OEM - in what lot size?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
young Jedi hahaha

you should check the posts in the car audio section, got a buddy lookin to do an 18" lv5/btl/dp sort of thing

I'd like to see a build log of your trunk car

ha, old Jedi I think.. Been in CA comps for about 10 years, have always designed, tuned, and built my own based on what I have wanted or what car it was going in, now im 30.. almost over the hill :D

BUilt many 150+ setups, but never in my car.. Its a 96 grand am GT that ive had since 98 .. Just cant sell it , even tho it never really moves :) I think theres only a few ( literally 3 ) ppl who have done 150 in a trunk car.. In dbdrag and MECA legal on the dash im at 146.7 right now, thats just with 2 DC lvl3 12's and a single memphis mc-1000d, ( 1100x1 ) So its in sight .. i just am getting sick of building boxes that only end up gaining me a couple 10th's :(

·
Banned
1,074 Posts

Kevin Haskins
Exodus Audio
I didn't mean to sound ungrateful, I know they're right there or beyond very expensive units such as the XXX and Exodus Tang Bands and so on. I only planned on getting 4 21's until I bought a house, and with that offer, I decided it would make perfect sense to get 6...two for my home... thinking I'd get most of a surround sound with it. I was thinking all I had to do then was get 2 subwoofer amps, wood, crossover parts, and the tweets you design the MTM's around.

I still plan on buying 6 21's and 12/14 Anarchy's if I can afford it all as well as the other stuff.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I'm looking forward to the Anarchys coming in!

Kevin, if you give me the basics on an MTM Center channel using the two Anarchy I've qualified for, I'll build up a nice center channel right quick and have a build thread here in the forums! I've got plenty of wood left over from my 21" build to do a center channel, so I'd just have to buy the tweet and crossover components.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm looking forward to the Anarchys coming in!

Kevin, if you give me the basics on an MTM Center channel using the two Anarchy I've qualified for, I'll build up a nice center channel right quick and have a build thread here in the forums! I've got plenty of wood left over from my 21" build to do a center channel, so I'd just have to buy the tweet and crossover components.
So if i planned on building my own speakers , where would be the best place to look for all the components, crossovers, tweeters etc?

·
Registered
704 Posts
So if i planned on building my own speakers , where would be the best place to look for all the components, crossovers, tweeters etc?
In the US my favorite places are Parts Express, Madisound or for pro sound US Speaker.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
How are they packaged from the OEM - in what lot size?
The OEM packaging is 4 per box. They are probably not suitable for UPS shipping even in that packaging because they are heavy little guys at roughly 8lbs each. That would be a 32lb box which is on par with a single Tempest or Shiva.

Once I actually get them in the warehouse, I'll figure out what I need and order the materials to ship them from Uline. It adds another week or so to the process and another dollar or two to the price.

I'll finalize pricing for these first units this week as I should have final pricing on all the customs/shipping/duties/packaging and I have a good idea of the final landed cost.

Kevin Haskins
Exodus Audio

·
Registered
704 Posts
The OEM packaging is 4 per box.
Interesting since I need 8. :) When you have them just drop me a line. No need to repackage the little buggers since the cardboard is just recycled...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts