Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see I only can setup a 20 band EQ filter using equalizer type generic.

Currently I load 2 saved profiles, 1 for low freq & the other for high freqs.

Isn't a 31 band eq not somewhat common?

·
Super Moderator
9,252 Posts
Not so much for home theater. People typically use parametric equalization which is much more precise. However, the generic setting will work fine for a 31-band EQ, as you probably won’t be using every single filter anyway. If you are, either you’re over-equalizing or your speakers have such poor response that you should upgrade.

P.S welcome to the Forum!

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I use to use a lot of filters until Wayne gave me the great advise to use as little as possible, and now even less with the new EQ.

To much EQ kills/spoils the sound. The key isn't totally flat rather smooth response.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately, my car stereo, which is suppose to be the best sounding available, but it has a 31band l/r eq, time alignment & 8ch output w/crossovers. I prefer a parametric too, but anyway, this unit seems a little antique in some ways. I bought it because it didn't need another DSP box in the car with this unit, just head unit & amps. At least that is what I had hoped.

I'm just saying it would be helpful, since I've been beating my head on this car for months & it seems I got months more before I might get it figured out how to make it sound right. Unless I get tired of dealing with it & hire an audio engineer to set it up the eq , crossover, levels & time alignment.

·
Registered
72 Posts
How about loading the first batch and then running REW again?
Change the "Flatness Target" (under "Filter Tasks") up or down to get more or fewer filters as needed.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I know there are ways to work around the 20 bands given, it just would make things much easier! Its no biggie, especially since I don't really use the EQ function.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts