Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here thinking about making some speakers that is if I can find anywhere that makes empty boxes. I just don't have the tools or the time to put into making my own from ground up but would like to find something that is reasonably priced I could get speakers for and finish my self. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hi Patrick, Welcome to the Shack!

I unfortunately don't have an answer to your question but I am positive that someone will chime in soon to direct you in the right direction.

Enjoy your stay with us.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Zalytron is another place to go. I don't know if they build custom, but they might. They're also ridiculously solid -- I think they double up on the MDF.

You might also be able to find a local cabinent maker that would be willing to build them for you.

JCD

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have had some success using old speaker boxes. I cover them with 3/4" mdf and us a flush trim bit on my router to finish them up. Cover with veneer or paint from their. Works for me.
Howard

·
Registered
241 Posts
We biuld anything and everything from unfinished cabinets to exotic hardwood finishes, automotive paints, aluminium finishes. ect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts