Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Thanks! Dirac did an awesome job last night. You had the LF drivers and subs spot on. I know people say you can't hear differences in phase, but it would seem that my ears like phase coherence very much. Tri-amping has taken my system to a new level thanks to you.

One thing I did different this time is I plugged my front speaker's ports with socks prior to providing the driver measurements you used. Really the best my system has ever sounded, thanks so much!

I also quit doing a one point Dirac calibration as things sound better with 9 points for a one chair calibration. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1J0a4OV_WGLMFI5NmZ0eTZ0TGs

Looks Good!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
The DL SPLs look great.

Just be aware that the needed Subs delay will be significantly different with the LF driver ports plugged The Subs polarity may also need to be reversed to achieve the best phase tracking. The delays of the other drivers will be unchanged.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
You already aligned the left LF driver with the plugged ports (plugged them on 2/13/2017 prior to taking the 2/15 driver measurements), I just forgot to tell you what I did ;)

The DL SPLs look great.

Just be aware that the needed Subs delay will be significantly different with the LF driver ports plugged The Subs polarity may also need to be reversed to achieve the best phase tracking. The delays of the other drivers will be unchanged.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts