Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the TC2 and a pair of tSB's, they were delivered on July 17 to my door. Now, I decided that after the month audition that I would like to return the TSB's not for a refund but to upgrade to the TST1 towers. I tried calling them on August 20, 21, and then finally today I got though, their phone system would just drop the call during the transfer the previous days. I'm told that my 30 day period is up (which it is, but considering I'm wanting to spend more money) you would think they would be excited. No, I'm told I'm out of luck, and stuck with what I have. I'm not satisfied with this outcome, I really wanted to upgrade to the TST1's if they would let me. Has anybody else had issues with their return policy?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The customer service issue is that there phone system would transfer me to a dead line, adding more and more days to the end of this. Poor phone support is dropping the ball, and a company with a 30 day audition should be flexible if they want to get off the ground.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it was weird, it would say something like "I'm transferring you to the next available agent" then a pause, then a "thank you" then a longer pause, then a dial tone, and it was over and over everytime I called.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Have you suggested returning for an upgrade with some adjustment or restocking fee? If you want to upgrade as bad as you say, it may be worth trying.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Hold on there, thats a bit harsh.

The issue here is not 30 days, but customer service. I don't know what this companies base is (internet only/retail outlet), but if it's IO then they are going to lose their base here. I have had SVS do things for me that I consider over the top, & in return they will have my business forever (hopefully). Remember how they upgraded everyones crossovers on the M-Series speakers on their dime. That was over 30 days. Thats CS!

This guy is ready to spend more money & this is a PR goldmine. This the best HT website I know of & this company is advertising how it treats its base. I say let the man trade up & reap the free advertising that will ensue.

Anyone else have any stories of how CS has made them a loyal fan/customer.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
a company with a 30 day audition should be flexible if they want to get off the ground.
Thats not how it works and no company with that kind of guarantee is likely to honer it outside of that 30 day period you simply missed the boat and thats that.
I do agree that if the phone conection gets you too a dead line thats not proper either but that wont get you any deals either.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hold on there, thats a bit harsh.

The issue here is not 30 days, but customer service. I don't know what this companies base is (internet only/retail outlet), but if it's IO then they are going to lose their base here. I have had SVS do things for me that I consider over the top, & in return they will have my business forever (hopefully). Remember how they upgraded everyones crossovers on the M-Series speakers on their dime. That was over 30 days. Thats CS!

This guy is ready to spend more money & this is a PR goldmine. This the best HT website I know of & this company is advertising how it treats its base. I say let the man trade up & reap the free advertising that will ensue.

Anyone else have any stories of how CS has made them a loyal fan/customer.
I follow your line of thinking, your right, if they do this for me, then I will be a continuing customer who will spread the word to family and friends. A great company with great CS and product is something I will talk about, now a a company with great product and BAD CS not someone I buy from again. I have seen this guy Nick, reply to alot of the TSC threads on several boards, which is great, I think he is the GM for TSC. We will see how this ends up, if they do me well then I'm a lifer, if not I won't recommend them. Either way, it will be posted here, avsforum, and TSC's forum.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The thing is I really like the TSB's that I want to return. The reason for the return is to add the lower spetrum in getting the TST1's. I would just keep the TSB's for the rear's but they are bigger than I need. I'm going to purchase either the inwall/inceiling or tsat's for rears, so it's not like I want my money back or hate the products. I love the speakers, they sounds great! Customer Service is important though, and especially when you only sell your product online, your customer has to be able to point out something that really shines to remember you by.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I tried to call them and got dropped. I sent them an email with a link to this thread. It will be curious to see how they respond, if at all. Perhaps the cost of poor communication with customers, or worse, ignoring their concerns if that was the case, will become apparent and they will step up to keep a client happy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you, I'm sorry that the phone issue happened to you too, I can't believe that they are unaware of this. Does Nick frequent this forum as well as avs? Does anybody have contact info for him?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Please if you call TSC and have issues add it to this thread, thanks! This will help validate my issue is not just me but other customers as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sonnie,

Thank you, and once everything is reconciled or even as it happens I will let everyone know how it all went. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
That surprises me indeed. I spoke with Nick on the phone and he seemed to be very concerned about the situation. Please keep us informed as to what transpires today.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sonnie, I will, I just hope for future customers that the phone issues get resolved its disappointing that I had to call so many times to get someone on the line. I'm sure Nick will get in contact with me, and I will let everybody know. Thanks again!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I emailed Nick per the address Sonnie gave me, and Nick still hasn't read the email (read receipts enabled), so I don't know what to think.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts