Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I am looking at doing 2 different builds and I am looking for someone that can do the modeling and recommendations/ design of the boxes and in turn I will build them and pay for all the drivers. I have ordered 2 Phallus and 4 AE TD18H and would like to do a 13CF Ported, 3CF Sealed and a 6 or 8 CF Ported. Looking for design of 3-4 different boxes that we can run each speaker in. If you don't live close most of it can be done on via computer.. Location is Southern Ontario

Any Takers??

Thank you

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
What is the intended comparison?

One likes small boxes and the other likes larger boxes. Is this just for fun and learning?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I should have just came out and asked what I was hoping to get someone interested in helping me with the different box designs. I have built a 12.5CF ported box for the Phallus and also a 3CF sealed box for the Phallus but I think I should try a 8CF ported for the TD18 and see if I can put the TD18 in the 3CF sealed.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
The TD18 will work in all of those box sizes. It is not a subwoofer though. So the Phallus will have substantially more low end with its higher Xmax. But the 18H can easily play higher up to crossover to a 2" or other CD.

SO for fun use both. Tune the 18H to about 32hz and use the Phallus in a 18hz ported cabinet. Either way they both have huge potential in their own bandwidth for extreme SPL's.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, It looks like it's time to tear apart the theater to make room for 6 18"... Thanks aagin

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
You could make a Killer 2way with the 18H and use the Phallus in a ported cabinet for the lows. Either way your in for some major SPL. :hsd::D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts