Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I don't think I've ever heard a tapped horn. I have 2 ported subs now, and just thought I'd try a big proper (likely LT-ed) sealed for my next project. What are the strengths of a TH design over the traditional sealed/ported ones?

Matt, I thought you were building a Transmission Line... which if I remember correctly is similar, but still has some differences?

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
The tapped horn is really making in-roads into the DIY market.
I built one using an 18in mal-x and it unbelievable. :T

Matt
18" Mal-X TH:yikes:

Please let me know the details or point me to a link for more info, that sounds insane.

I have a 18" Mal-X that is currently unused so this might be right up my alley.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Dual opposed sealed subs in a push-push config have been gaining popularity. it's still sealed but a little different then before. I plan on building a pair to use as speakers stands so they don't rock the speaker off the top.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
yeah i agree with the above... people want to make their own seaton submersive or epik empire type sub.

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
I also think that dual sub setups are becoming more popular, so while people are building a lot of what they always did, more are considering adding a second one. EQ seems t be gaining more focus, and dual subs is a natural progression of that IMO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts