Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Thanks for the review Mike. I'll wait to pick this one up used sounds like a decent flick with awesome audio and video well worth $9.99.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Wow, thanks for this review. I will order this disc right now.

·
Registered
868 Posts
This one hit my radar last week (not sure how I missed it before). Now it's on my list of movies to watch for sure. Thanks for the review and I look forward to my house becoming rubble because of this one! :hsd: :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks for the review. Sounds like a must buy to round out the other Jack Ryan movies I have. I love having that "Wow. That looks GOOD." feeling when watching movies. :)

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the review. Sounds like a must buy to round out the other Jack Ryan movies I have. I love having that "Wow. That looks GOOD." feeling when watching movies. :)
Thanks for the review Mike!

Definitely one I will be picking up - if only to hear how Keira tries to pull off the American accent! :bigsmile:
LOL.... it's a pretty jarring accent. not bad, but you can see her brit accent TRYING to push it's way through. it gives her a "rougher" tone to her voice, almost like she's butching up

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yup, after seeing blu-rays for so long they many times lose their "wow" factor and it's nice to see a movie that makes your jaw hit the floor again

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Target and Best Buy will have this for $12.99 on release day as part of their father's day promotion

·
Registered
50 Posts
I haven't seen the other Jack Ryan movies but enjoyed this. It definitely could be better story wise but it was a good movie and definitely something worth checking out.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Just finished Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit and it was very good. I'm not a reader of the Tom Clancy books so there wasn't any preconceived expectations based off the books. Outstanding audio as Mike eluded to in his review and a must watch and personally a buy for those fans of action films. Not original as this movie has been done a hundred times over but that didn't lessen the entertainment value in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
We watched this one over the weekend. Picked it up for. $14.99 blu/DVD combo pack so it was a little over budget as we usually buy our discs used at Family Video for $9.99, just have to wait a month to get the movies:(. I really enjoyed the movie good all around just would have been nice to see Harrison Ford in it somewhere.

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We watched this one over the weekend. Picked it up for. $14.99 blu/DVD combo pack so it was a little over budget as we usually buy our discs used at Family Video for $9.99, just have to wait a month to get the movies:(. I really enjoyed the movie good all around just would have been nice to see Harrison Ford in it somewhere.

Wait?! You bought a movie new not at family video?????!!! Hell HAS frozen over ;)

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Just a moment of weakness. I wanted Lone Survivor but it was 24.99 it should be for sale at FV in the next two weeks;).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Enjoyed it a lot, Kevin Costner finally found his place after 10 years of looking for something to do with his career.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts