Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only called twice one was at the 4 week mark and the other was yesterday. First time some ice storm came through and yesterday he had some personal matters come up and was not in the office but told me to send an email which I did today.

So I ordered on Feb 10th. Today is 6weeks starting the 7th...

no screen.

ugh.

:paddle:

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I'm just gonna cancel it. I called them originally before I ordered and he told me 15 days to complete order.

ya... screw it. bye bye.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hmmm, thats odd. He is a bit slow on orders normally but this does seem a bit over long.
His screens are good (I have one and its been 4 years now and no issues).

·
Registered
361 Posts
I've only called twice one was at the 4 week mark and the other was yesterday. First time some ice storm came through and yesterday he had some personal matters come up and was not in the office but told me to send an email which I did today. So I ordered on Feb 10th. Today is 6weeks starting the 7th... no screen. ugh. :paddle:
Yeah I would too. Lead times don't bother me if I have full contact to the provider, and updates on my product; otherwise.. No sir.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
When we ordered our 134" from Jamestown it took 3 months when he said it would be 2 weeks. When we ordered our SeymourAV they were out of material, and I was told about 2 weeks... We had it in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well I have been painting the entire house so I've been busy and not necessarily in the caring mood if it took awhile. I was expecting 3-6 weeks based on what I've read. I'm at the point where I'm ready to paint my theater walls on April 4th and I want the screen then too. I haven't heard anything from them since I contacted them this morning but will wait to see what they say. If they cannot get me shipping information by the end of this week then I'll cancel.

I'll just dish out the funds for something better. It is what it is. After April 4th... I want a screen period.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
well I have been painting the entire house so I've been busy and not necessarily in the caring mood if it took awhile. I was expecting 3-6 weeks based on what I've read. I'm at the point where I'm ready to paint my theater walls on April 4th and I want the screen then too. I haven't heard anything from them since I contacted them this morning but will wait to see what they say. If they cannot get me shipping information by the end of this week then I'll cancel.

I'll just dish out the funds for something better. It is what it is. After April 4th... I want a screen period.
Call SeymourAv and ask them how long it would take... Their prices are about the same, but they ship much faster,. :T

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Call SeymourAv and ask them how long it would take... Their prices are about the same, but they ship much faster,. :T
How do you figure that? I paid $340 for a 135" screen shipped from Jamestown.

SeymourAV is around 1200. 4x as much.

Granted they probably can have it to my door within a week.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My next cheapest alternative is the elite screen for 460 shipped: http://www.projectorscreenstore.com/Projector-Screens/Elite-Screens-SableFrame-2-Series-135-Diag-66x117-Fixed-Frame-Projector-Screen-HDTV-Format-CineWhite-Fabric-ER135WH2-76148.html

why cheap?... better than painted texture wall.... and I'd rather dump my money on audio/room acoustics right now than a screen.

I'll move to 4K and when I do thats when the 3k dollar screen gets purchased. Till then the cheapo benQ and cheap screen will do me fine.

...and I won't buy 4K until a projector come available under 3k so I have a few years for that lol

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
How do you figure that? I paid $340 for a 135" screen shipped from Jamestown.

SeymourAV is around 1200. 4x as much.

Granted they probably can have it to my door within a week.
OOps... I thought they had a breakdown version just like Jamestown. My mistake.

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
I know that when I emailed Jamestown for samples I never got a reply at all. I don't recommend them. I know that others here have gotten Jamestown screens and are happy. But I've heard too many things that don't sound good regarding them.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I forgot to mention my buddy ordered his screen on 2/19 and he's in the same boat. No response and/or no screen.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ordered a 120" and it took a while but when he finally got back to me he said there was a death or something happened in the family. I finally got mine and love it - except for the waves I have yet to take/smooth out.!
Ya when I called he was taking his mother to the hospital and told me to send him an email... I sent two and haven't heard back.

My buddy who ordered his on the 19th called this morning and the guy told him that he would have his shipped out thursday.

If indeed true thats just digging the knife further since I ordered mine 9 days earlier.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ya when I called he was taking his mother to the hospital and told me to send him an email... I sent two and haven't heard back.

My buddy who ordered his on the 19th called this morning and the guy told him that he would have his shipped out thursday.

If indeed true thats just digging the knife further since I ordered mine 9 days earlier.
Mind you I ordered and received my screen many months ago.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update:

Received email from "James" and told me they are finishing up in the next 3-4 days and will send a UPS tracking as it ships. If this means business days then this means shipment around 4/1 via ground meaning get the screen around the 7th-8th = 8 weeks. My buddies too.

Well, I hope my patience pays off. Glad he responded and at this point might as well give him the 3-4 days. I ordered a custom size of 135" meaning I had to pay for the 140" size. but did not want 140.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:wow:

These screens must be the cat's meow for so many people to put up with so much for so long for little in return. I would try to negotiate some type of compensation such as a 5% discount or at least a 2GB thumb drive!!!
I wouldn't put up with it again thats for sure. I just wanted an economy screen and wait is what you pay for. I had discussions with a co-worker that ended up buying an Elite screen on amazon prime and paid for overnight and had it the next day.

He told me (before I ordered) that he would of gone Jamestown but read too many reviews that it took on average 4-6 weeks to get the screen.

I ordered Jamestown kinda expecting that but before I ordered the guy told me 15 business days to complete order then ship. It's taken twice that now. He claims from all the storms they have had has caused delays.

Not sure.

Anyway I went into it with knowing I was dedicating my time doing some sheetrock work in my kitchen/bedroom, texturing and repainting the entire interior of my home. After 6 weeks I'm near completion and fixing to be ready to paint the theater and now want my screen.

If I don't see shipping notification by this time next week I'll cancel and overnight me a screen from amazon.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts