Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, load, reload, reinstall, uninstall, reboot, etc. etc. I've tried all I can think of. On my laptop I get "JAVA VM is aborting" when I start REW- Latest version loaded, etc. Updates, etc. Anyone else have this error or know how to deal with it ???

puter specs;

IBM R40 (dont laugh it works for what I need)
Celeron 2 GHz
1 GB RAM
40 GB HD

Win XP sp2

Help ?!!? Thanks in advance, Dave

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
First time I've come across that.
- Which version of Java do you have installed?
- Were you able to install REW OK and get this error when trying to start REW, or is this during installation?
- If REW installed OK, are there any log files in the REW directory of your home directory (Documents and Settings\<username>\REW)? If there are, what is in them?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John, Thanks for the response - I have the latest as of yesterday version of java, straight from Java website V7 update 10

Log file is as follows (date and time are incorrect)

Dec 05, 2012 5:15:39 AM roomeqwizard.RoomEQ_Wizard main
INFO: REW started
Error loading win32com: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no win32com in java.library.path

Thanks, Dave

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
I wonder if its the fact your still running service pack 2? XP is up to service pack 4 now.

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Re: Java VM is aborting ? Unbelievable!

If REW was working for you previously with Java 6 v37 , then perhaps you should stick with the older version 6 .

Here's a link to the latest builds of Java 6 ( build 38 ) .

:sn:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Java VM is aborting ? Unbelievable!

XP SP3 could be a factor I guess, but easier to try Earl's suggestion first and uninstall JRE V7 and install JRE V6.

That is what I started with - not a huge fan of windows updates, since security, etc is not a factor on this PC since it never is used on-line.

I may just ditch it and get true rta ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts