Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Baffle looks good. That port is confusing me so I am waiting to see how it turns out. I was picturing the cabinet finished and I just cant picture the opening and exit for the port. :huh:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
The port runs from the center of the box to the righ. The port's measurement starts at the center and runs the five inches. So instead of going straight in the five inches it runs along the back wall.

·
Premium Member
5,796 Posts
Here are some pics of the construction. The cabinets are made of solid mahogany tongue grooved then miter locked on the corners.

Todays pics are just mocked up for fit prior to assembly.
You have some mad skills there!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Tomorrow I will install the terminals, the speakers and listen to them. This has been a long project. I am excited to hear these things finally....

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
So.........sound? How do they sound? :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
They sound amazing. The bass is real tight, crisp. There is no port noise or resonance etc. The compression drivers are way more efficient than the woofers so I had to reduce the output by 20% to get them in-line with the woofers at volume. The woofers are impressive and sound smooth with realistic voices. The compression drivers sound realy nice. I was concerned about the highs and their quantity but there is more than I need with plenty in reserve.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Just wanted to give an update on the speakers. It has been a few weeks and several movies and hours of stereo play. I am very impressed with these speakers. I have been listening to a bunch of jazz to really see how musical they are. The JBL D2 compression drivers are impressive. The instruments sound like they are in the room. They play louder than I need or desire and that's impressive to say the least. The JBL 2262H's sound very clean. The lows are solid as can be expected with the limited 300w they are recieving. I don't have a meter but these bad boys will play at reference for as long as you desire them too.

If you want a awesome set of main speakers for cinema and stereo needs these will not disappoint. They ran me about 2k all in. To buy something comparable from JBL it's a min of $5200 (VTX touring) all the way to 10K (M2 Studio Towers) for a pair.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts